vīgintī ūnus

ava rushed up the stairs, trying to make it to paul before george did. she found paul, walking into the music room. she practically pushed paul out of the music room entrance. he looked angered, before realizing it was ava. he then became confused.

"what was that!?" he asked, before being cut off.

"follow me..!" she ordered ominously, pulling his sleeves and dragging him to the side of the school outside.

"is this going to be the intervention spot now?" he questioned satirically.

ava giggled.

"no wait, this is serious. i think i like george." she admitted to paul.

paul shrugged.

"yeah? i thought you did already?" he questioned.

ava furrowed her eyebrows.

"what? i've only liked him since yesterday." she argued.

"really? because even when i was flirting with you, all you did was talk about george." he mentioned.

ava blushed. maybe she did like george all this time, subconsciously.

"what do i do, though?" she pleaded.

"you ask him out, duh. he's probably been waiting for that since you guys were kids." he advised.

ava blushed.

"so you're saying he likes me too?" she questioned for clarification.

paul laughed.

"as if that wasn't obvious. i swear, the both of you are nutters." he remarked with an eye roll.

"i'm just scared." she thought aloud.

"well, at least the both of you are fortunate to be legal to love here." he expressed, envious and sad.

ava frowned.

"don't worry, paulie. you're accepted by me, if that does anything." ava sympathized, chuckling afterwards.

paul laughed before sighing.

"i just feel like a bloody idiot for liking john." he confessed.

ava was about to interfere, before the bell rang.

"alright, well. tell george you like him, please. maybe he'll be in a good mood for once." he joked, walking away from him.

she sighed and she leaned back on the cold wall.

she was really going to have to confess herself to george today.