California Dreaming

Start from the beginning

...

Michael couldn't leave the studio no earlier than three in the morning if his schedule allowed it— he was obsessed with his music and perfection. If there was one mistake he'd worry about it all night instead of getting sleep and as he sat there softly pulling on his hair he could tell that tonight would be one of those nights.

" I'm leaving." Janet peeked through the door before walking in. " And you should too, it's getting late and you barely ate today."

" I'm fine I have water...and I'm almost done...just fixing a few things," Michael told her causing her to check her watch and roll her eyes, but before she said anything she noticed the song that he was working on.

" I like this, it's different from the song you were working on earlier," she smirked before taking a look at his songbook. " Sunset Driver—"

" Hey...cut it out..."

" What? I out of all people deserve to see a sneak peek of the album."

He closed his book and shook his head. " You and everyone else already get your sneak peeks every time we perform a single. Blame It On The Boogie, Destiny, and Even Though You're Gone... plus this ain't for the album."

She frowned as he paused the song. " Then what is it?" she asked to only get silence in return. " I heard about what happened... Marlon told me about the contract and yeah— they all mad just like they were with Jermaine. But this time even worse because you know why?"

" Why?" Michael asked dully causing Janet to nudge him.

" Because they know that you can't be replaced."

Her words made him think as he watched her grab her purse. " I hope you're still sending the rest of those Constance Sprys out," she said once reaching the door. " I'm tired of hiding them in my room and plus flowers don't live forever Romeo. Just like we won't. I'm not telling you to leave our brothers but if you wanna stay with them fine but if you don't stop wasting your time. " and with that, she walked out leaving Michael to stare where she once was.

...

Her legs opened for him like they did every once in a while. There inside of Mr. Smith's hotel room were them, indulging in another night of sin with each other. Another night of adultery while Mrs. Smith sat in the comfort of their bed, sipping on her glass of wine and listening to her favorite records with a picture in her hand.

It was the first picture they took on their wedding day. Mrs. Smith couldn't help but smile at it although it faded when she thought of how much he changed over the years.

...

Junior looked into his nightstand in search for his gun and frowned when it wasn't there. Then suddenly his door opened and Damon came in holding a bag so large that it blocked his face.

Junior sighed as he closed his nightstand.

" Okay I got everything you told me and –" he paused as he went through the bag. " But I forgot the damn Apple Heads."

Junior rolled his eyes as he walked out to the living room. He forgot that he promised Damon that they'd pull an all-nighter and eat to their stomachs hurt like they used to.