Trivial but characteristic

During the Asia Cup 2010, Rohit and Virat discovered something about their relation that was always going to be present.

The day before the match vs Bangladesh, Mahi bhai put them through a particularly long practice session.

After returning from it, Rohit had promptly gone to sleep in his room, not even bothering to lock the door.

Virat, feeling at a loose end in the evening, went to Rohit's room and found him asleep.

Virat bent over him and abruptly yelled in Rohit's ear, "WAKE UP, ROHIT!"

Rohit nearly fell off the bed in shock and he looked up to see Virat grinning down at him wickedly.

"What do you mean by waking me up like this for no reason?" said Rohit furiously.

"This is hardly a time to sleep, Rohit," said Virat.

Rohit scowled at him darkly. "I don't care! All you ever think about is how to annoy me, anyway."

"All right, sorry," said Virat, offering his hand to Rohit.

"Go away." Rohit ignored his hand and turned over, closing his eyes again.

"Rohit...come on, Rohit, I said I'm sorry," said Virat, touching Rohit's shoulder.

The sudden awakening had evidently put Rohit in a nasty temper, because he shrugged off Virat's arm and said coldly, "I told you to go away."

"Fine!" said Virat, getting annoyed himself, and he left the room, slamming the door behind him.

___________

Rohit and Virat sulked with each other all through that night and the next morning, even as the match started.

Of course, by then, both of them were beginning to feel uncomfortable.

"I shouldn't have been that angry with him at a simple prank like that," thought Rohit guiltily.

"I shouldn't have left him after I was the one at fault, myself," said Virat regretfully.

However, during the match, they didn't get any opportunity to make up.

India won the match, though neither of them played well. The Man of the Match, Gambhir, got a bike, and Virat went over to him to beg him to let him ride the bike. Like all young players, Virat loved bikes.

"Can I ride that for a while, Gauti bhai?" asked Virat.

"Yes, you can, but don't you dare crash it," said Gambhir.

"Of course not," assured Virat.

Rohit come over to him just then.

They stared at each other slightly awkwardly before Rohit said eagerly, "Can I sit behind you?"

Virat was so glad that Rohit had broken the ice between them that he said generously, "No, you can drive, I'll sit behind."

"Thanks!" And Rohit rode the bike around the stadium with Virat behind him amidst the cheers of the crowd.

At one point, Virat hugged Rohit around the waist from behind just for a moment, and Rohit turned back to smile at him, and everything was forgiven between them

They didn't know then, but it was always going to be that way between them in the future--fighting over the most trivial issues and making up in less than a day, because Rohit and Virat never could stay angry with each other for long, they loved each other too much.

A/N: Just look at that adorable age old picture... Rohit and Virat have been friends for so long now. They look so childish and cute💓💓 So much like kids. Like Hardik, Kuldeep, Jassi are now.
How can anyone claim they're not friends??