Chapter 80

"What about these?" I asked, holding up a pair of shoes for my girlfriend. They were a vibrant yellow that almost blinded me, and the second my eyes landed on them, I hated them.

That's how I knew they were perfect.

Once Billie's eyes landed on the shoes in my hand, her face immediately contorted. At first, I thought it was a look of attraction, that she found them perfect but it was the complete opposite.

Disgust.

"Ava what the actual fuck are those?" She laughed at me, gesturing to the shoes.

I just rolled my eyes, hiding a smile of my own. I knew I sucked at this kinda stuff, that's why I didn't understand why she brought me here. I was never the best shopper, I would try to pick out things my friends would like but I always fail. The first thing that comes to mind when I think about shopping for absolutely anything is the time when I bought Mel that pink phone case. I was more than sure that she'd adore them but on one of my trips to the mall with some friends, I caught her returning them. I never told her I saw her do it, but that didn't diminish the pain I felt at her disapproval.

"I don't even know anymore. . .Bil, why did you even bring me? We both know this is not my thing." I sighed, placing the shoes back on its stand.

"I wanted to spend some time with you." Billie smiled at me.

"Don't smile at me like that." I giggled, watching her face carefully.

Her brows furrowed cutely.

"Uh what?"

"Did you -- get, you know -- it was a joke." I tried to explain it to her, tumbling over my words. Suddenly realization dawned on my girlfriend.

"I really cannot believe you just did that." She chuckled, trying to hide the fact that she was cringing. Billie knew I had a pretty dry sense of humor and that's why she always made it her mission to give me the benefit of the doubt. She always stood up for me in situations where I butchered a joke or -- anything for that matter and I really appreciated it.

"What? I can't celebrate the birthday of the most amazing album to date?" I teased, grinning mischievously.

My eyes then landed on a cute pair of leather boots and I found myself instantly drawn to them. I wouldn't say I was picky, or even very difficult to shop for. . .I just knew what I wanted when I wanted it.

"Holy Hell Av, that's even worse." Billie groaned.

My mood deflated, a sad frown making its way onto my face.

"These were for me. . ." I trailed off. My girlfriend's eyes widened in realization and she took them from me, pulling the box off the shelf as well.

"Then if you want it, get it shall you." Billie announced.

"Alright, Yoda." I giggled.

------

Gigi's P.O.V.

"So, tell me about yourself?" I asked, watching the girl beside me.

Her eyes never once left the road, a calculating look on her face.

" I play Roblox and Minecraft because I'm cool."

I choked out a laugh.

"Aren't those kids games?" I chuckled.

"Got a problem?" She challenged.

After a few seconds she shook her head a bit, all joking aside.

"Nah I'm kidding. Honestly, I just take everything a day at a time. Life's too short to be worried all the time. I like doing cheer, that's pretty cool and I also play a bit of basketball. Photography is pretty cool too. I like capturing the important moments.

"What about the memory of it?" I asked.

"Memories are funny things. . ." She began. "No matter how hard you try, one day that memory is going to distort into something it wasn't. You might see yourself wearing a different outfit or even talking to a different person. We tell ourselves we'll remember a specific moment until the day we die but let's be honest, we don't. If I capture the moment in a photo it kinda freezes time. . . Allows me to revisit moments exactly how they were whenever I want. I think of it as my own personal time machine"

"Is there a single person I will meet that isn't super deep? Why couldn't you say something like 'because I like the look of pictures' or some shit. . .Dang." I groaned, rolling my head into the seat.

"You don't have many friends, do you?" Rylie asked, amused smile dancing across her lips.

My jaw tightened, my body becoming stiff. I had friends. . .Plenty of them!"

"Okay rude."

She just shrugged.

"If you're some sort of psycho killer or something, please let me know before you try to decapitate me right now. . .These seats are leather and I'd appreciate if we kept the blood shed to a minimum." Rylie stressed. "This thing is my baby."

I just laughed alongside her, knowing that I had probably just made one of the best friends in my life.

All I had to do was not screw it up.

----

Dude this book is so out of whack.

I was planning on ending it but apparently people want it continued? This book is the definition of CoNfUsIoN.

But fr if you wanna continue this book, text me some plot ideas because my brain is focused on Lost :')

Alright I hope this held over your strange craving for this train wreck.

Bye babies

-g