Chapter 63

Police sirens echoed around the area, bystanders looking at the scene from afar. 

Autumn sat wrapped in a blanket, seat beading down her face and fear evident upon her features.

I wish I had been there. Because I was too caught up in my fantasy world, one of my best friends was hurt. I feel so selfish. If I wasn't so immersed in my relationship, my friendships wouldn't have crashed to the ground.

Abigail

Sydney

Genesis 

Stefanie

Autumn 

Cierra....

Heck, even Zoe, Rosie, and Holly.

I have a lot of friends..

"I'm so sorry Spring." I apologized for what seemed like the millionth time. I attempted to add her nickname to lighten the mood.

Her head shot up frantically, her eyes meeting mine like a psychopath. She looked like she was about to open her mouth and counter what I had said until her attention was drawn elsewhere. 

Wherever she was looking, she looked pissed.

I turned my head out of pure curiosity to know what she saw and once I noticed the uninvited guest, I instantly understood.

Shit.

"Sam!?" I asked, not expecting to see him.

I hadn't even invited him or asked him to come. To be honest, I have no idea how he even found me.

He sent one of his dazzling smiles my way causing my knees to weaken and Autumn to fake gasp. Once he reached my side, he draped a protective arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

"Avalon you better explain this instant before I fucking snap."

She glared daggers at Sam. I gulped and nodded slowly, not wanting in the slightest to face the wrath of Autumn.

Flashback

Russel Norman approached is long time crush, smiling sweetly at her, holding a bouquet of pink flowers - Autumn's favorite color at the time.

As he approached her, Clent Jamison stepped in his way, blocking the view and shoving him to the ground.

Ever since he could remember, Russel had been bullied by this kid. He was always picked on for having feelings towards the young girl and he was called names. 

"Awww look at him." Clent guffawed, calling him out to the whole third grade. 

All eyes snapped towards them.

"Look its Brussel Sprout, trying to impress a girllll!" He exclaimed. 

Giggles resonated from around the courtyard, causing the boys' face to turn an unnatural shade of red, freckles almost unable to be seen at this point. 

Autumn took notice of the scene just long enough to make it cliche, stepping into the conversation.

"Leave him alone!" Her tiny voice called out, as she pushed Clent's shoulder roughly.

"Oh yeah? Or what." He challenged.

Autumn bounced on her feet a couple times, before clocking him in the face, sending him reeling back with a yelp. He grasped his nose as blood began to pool around his face.

Clent began to cry and ran away, most likely to the office.

"T-thank you." Russel said, embarrassed with himself.

Autumn turned to him with a look of pure confusion. He smiled at her and muttered a quiet 'this is for you' and she took it.

She watched the flowers for what seemed to be a minute before turning back towards her admirer.

And she sent yet another kid to the hospital that day.

End of Flashback

"Alone." Her jaw ticked as she spat out the words and her gaze shifted to my overly affectionate counterpart.

Sam cowered away quickly, him too not wanting to pick a fight with Autumn. She might as well have had smoke pouring out of her ears.

"You truly are the dumbest fucking person ever aren't you." She deadpanned.

"I know... But I started to think and -"

"Bullshit. Nobody in their right mind would 'think' and choose to go back to that little hoe."

She looked at me with ounces of disappointment.

"I liked who you were before him. Not even then, I liked you when you were with Billie."

This made me look down, feeling completely in the wrong. 

"Billie made you smile. She made you laugh, she brought a side out of you we never knew existed. Even though you kind of shunned us, it didnt matter too much because you were HAPPY.  Look me in the eyes and tell me one time Billie has hit you. - that wasn't meant for you to answer. NONE. She never layed a hand on you and she never raised her voice at you unless you were being stupid. I have never felt so much anger towards you. I am disappointed in the choices you have made, and I am disappointed in YOU."

With that, she left me to ponder her words.

Alone.

——————————————————-

Literally wrote this in math class... Leaving to Science next...

I GOTTA GO ONE MINUTE TILL THE BELL LMAO

THANKS FOR READING! 

<3