Chapter 57

There we were, two broken people wandering the streets of Florida in the forbidden times of night.

Neither of us having any idea how to get home or even the want to return.

What is home?

Is it a place you spend your nights and reside with a roof above your head?

Or is home truly where the heart is?

What if there is no heart to home?

Could it be a trap? An idea that was created to trick man into the illusion of safety and hospitality.

Those are the thoughts that brought me here, questioning everything I knew.

I had felt as if I made the biggest mistake in my life.

And I wouldn't be surprised if out of all the shit I have done, right beside breaking up with the best thing that happened to me, this was the worst.

That's also what brought me to drunk - yes drunk dial my ex.

The static sound came out of the phone, signalling someone had picked up. Relief flooded over me and before I allowed her to even hang up on me, I poured out my thoughts.

"Billie I am so fucking sorry. I am an Idiot, I'm a turd. I shouldn't have left you like that and I love you more than anything. Your eyes shine like the ocean and I drown in them.

Your smile makes me weak in the knees and your laugh turned me gay. Wait? That didn't make much sense. You made me gay.

I know you will probably never forgive me for being a dumb stinking butthole but I want you to know that I love you and need you.

You are the one for me."

I sighed, feeling accomplished over my confession.

"Um." The person on the other line said.

"My name is Holly and I have no idea what the fuck you just said."

Shit.

----------------------------------

Billie's P.O.V.

I was sick and tired of letting her go. I would not allow myself to screw this up like I always did.

I needed her.

And I was going to get her back.

That's what brought me to her boyfriend's door at three in the morning in the pouring rain.

Stupid I know.

But stupid in love.

I rang on the doorbell an immense amount of times, mind set on waking her up or at least interrupting the activities she may be partaking in.

The thought of her 'fonduing' sent chills down my spine.

The door opened to reveal Sam, my least favorite person in the hell we live in.

He seemed a bit surprised by my presence but quickly recovered.

"Is um Ava here?" I asked nervously biting my lip.

I took a second to take in his appearance.

His dark hair was splayed in all different directions and he was shirtless with a pair of swamp green boxers.

If I was straight and if he wasn't a complete waste of nine months, I'd think he was pretty cute.

Quickly backtracking, I thought of what he might have been doing that caused him to look so disheveled.

There was a red hand mark splayed across his cheek causing my eyes to widen.

"Shit dude, what's that about?" I asked.

He reached his hand up and touched the mark before wincing.

"She was really rough." He cursed under his breath.

My eyes widened at his statement.

My cheeks flushed in embarrasment and I began to question why I came here.

Stupid!

"Nothing nothing - uh no. She's not available right now." He said.

I was filled with a newfound fury.

Here I was, about to profess my undying love to her while she was over here having the time of her life?

Even though I shouldn't be, my anger shifted towards Avalon.

So her coming to visit wasn't because she cared?

"Fine." I gritted.

If she's over it,

So am I.

-----------------------------------

Honestly writing this makes me so mad.

AVALON LEARN TO TYPE DIAL A NUMBER RIGHT FOR FUCKS SAKE.

BILLIE OH MY GOD YOU IDIOT.

Apologies for the depressing start of the chapter, I felt the need to express my sad thoughts for a second ahaha oops?

Also if you didn't get my 'fonduing' reference, I'm sorry but we cannot be friends.

Anyway. Thanks for reading!! <3