Chapter 72

Billie's P.O.V.

I grasped Avalon's hand tightly as we listened to the nurse explain the situation.

Her presence seemed to be one of the only comforting things lately, with all the shit that has been happening lately.

"Your father had a heart attack and could have suffered severe brain damage from the fall when it happened."

My breath hitched in my throat and not in the good way.

I squeezed Ava's hand even harder if that was even possible and if she was in pain, she sure did a hell of a good job at hiding it.

"Fortunately." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as these words exited his mouth. "Your father is in one of the best shapes I have seen after something like this. Your old man's even up and talking."

That however, didn't surprise me at all.

"Can I see him?" I asked quickly, wanting nothing more to be in the comfort of my father's embrace.

He just sent a warm smile my way and nodded slowly.

I tugged my gir- person? behind me, rushing towards the room before the doctor cut us off.

"Ah - Family only..." He trailed off, frowning.

I sent Ava a wearly look, asking her for permission.

She just disconnected our linked fingers and met my eyes.

"Of course. Go see your dad and tell him I hope he feels better."

I sent her a look that I am hoping sends the message I am grateful for her and afterwards, I race into the room.

As I entered, I saw my mother, holding hands with my father, them looking at each other with such love so suffocating I found it a bit difficult to breathe.

Finneas was also there, sitting on the couch, watching my parents with admiration.

My dad's eyes lit up with glee as he noticed my presence.

"William!" He smiled joyously.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname he had given me as a child, paying tribute to my grandfather William.

"Hi daddy." I approached him and hugged him tightly, more than relieved at his safety. "How are you feeling?"

"Like a trapeze artist on drugs." He stated proudly. A few seconds later his eyebrows crinkled. "That actually doesn't sound very safe..."

I laughed, my eyes crinkling at the edges, along with my brother and mom.

We all looked quite similar in the way that we smiled. Avalon had told me I had the most beautiful smile she had seen in her life but I didn't believe her.

She definitely has the cutest smile, no questions asked.

My mom snorted.

"Safe? Patrick when have you ever been safe? I mean come on, you had a heart attack."

"Maggie. Just know if I hadn't survived, I would have gone after a heart attack situation nobody would forget."

"In the shower while eating chilli?" My mom asked incredulously, astonished at the random nature of her husband.

"That was some damn good chilli." He stood his ground, attempting to act tough but his soft side was clearly evident on his features.

"You know, it's times like this that make me proud of my life decisions. The family stuff... Sitting in a hospital room!" He exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes.

The door opened to reveal a young nurse, she looked to be quite nervous before starting.

"Family of Mr. O'Connell?

We all answered a curt 'yes' in unision before the girl nodded in understanding.

"I am here to inform you that visiting hours are coming to an end..." She trailed off.

Her eyes shifted to me for a second before reverting her eyes back to my father and mother.

She approached me slowly and asked the single question that warmed my heart.

"Hi um. My daughter loves your music and I was wondering if you could sign her an autograph?"

It was then that I had noticed the poster in her hand, along with a pen.

"Of course! What's her name?"

"Elsie." She responded.

"She has a beautiful name."

"Thank you so much! She is going to flip when I tell her about this. Thank you Billie."

I smiled at her as she made her way out of the room.

Man, I love my fans.

---------------------------------

After a few more minutes of visiting, we were finally kicked out of the room to allow my dad to 'rest'.

Stupid bullshit if you ask me.

Either way, I was super happy that he was safe.

Finneas and I walked down the hall, approaching the corridor where our guests were waiting.

I felt bad for leaving Ava alone but I had to see my dad.

As we got back into the room, I took notice of Cierra but not the one person I needed to see.

"Hey uh - Where's Av?" I asked Cierra, to which she shrugged.

"I haven't seen her at all today. I just got here." She told me.

What the hell?

Oh my God.

Avalon is gone.

-----------------------------------

*sighs contentedly with chapter*

Ahhhh what a breath of fresh air.

Time to take all that away again 😈

Hope you guys enjoyed and I hope you are ready to strap on in because it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

*also screaming because the album is getting released FOR ME in a few hoursss...*

Also, if you havent read 'The Security Guard' yet...

What are you even doing with your life??

K LOVE YOU BYE <3