Chapter 25

Osteochondroma.

That's what my sister had.

I had a feeling it was something from the specific group of things that could be wrong with her, but not this.

Osteochondroma is a common bone tumor that resulted in the harsh leg pains.

The cause of how she got it is still indecipherable. They believe it to be an abnormality in the growth plate.

The downside is that her leg shouldn't have hurt as bad as she described, meaning me might have waited to late.

The doctor ordered that we keep her on bedrest until they decide exactly what they want to do.

They were leaning towards amputation

Ofcourse my mother, who clearly loves to argue, decided to pick a fight with the doctor about the matter, ordering - yes, ordering them to keep both of her legs connected to her body.

I don't think my mother understands. If we didn't amputate her leg, the cancer might spread to the spine, and leave her paralyzed.

I glanced over at my sister who was still sleeping soundly and I sighed.

The doctor had left not long after concluding the fight with my mother, leaving her angry.

"Mom." I whispered.

She didn't turn. She didn't show any indication that she heard what I said.

"Mom.' I repeated, louder this time.

She jumped.

"Don't scare me like that." She said harshly.

"Mom we need to talk." I mentioned.

I needed to bring up school.

"I want to take online classes." I informed her.

She looked me like I grew three heads.

"What?"

"I need to go back to Ohio mom. I need to stay there with Bil-"

"Not this again." She cut me off. "I thought we were done with that girl."

"That girl happens to be my girlfriend." I raised my voice.

She rolled her eyes.

"Sweetie, you're confused-"

"No I'm not. I have literally never been so sure of anything in my life." I yelled.

"I am going to Ohio and I don't care what you have to say about it." I shouted angrily. "Tell Mel to call me."

"That phone is not yours!" She called after me.

I stopped in my tracks, mulling my options over. I turned around, tossed the phone onto the couch, and headed out the door.

I will buy my own phone.

-------------------------

Cierra's P.O.V

Ring ring.

I picked up the phone to be met with an unfamiliar number.

I considered declining it until I realized all the scenarios that could occur if I ignored them so I took the call.

"Pack your bags, be there in thirty."

The line went dead but for some reason, I completely understood what was happening.

That girl finally grew a pair and bought a damn phone.

I instantly grabbed random articles of clothing, and stuffed them into a bag.

I wasn't sure how long we'd be gone.

I wrote a note out to my mom explaining the situation to her.

And I picked up the plane tickets I was going to use to return on my own anyways.

Great minds think alike.

Here we go again.

---------------------

We all need a Cierra who will drop everything to follow you to another state.