Chapter 3

A/N

Three chapters in one night? I know I said I was going to sleep but I have sleeping issues so I came back to write more. :)

-------------------------------

I sat at the dinner table, shaking with excitement to share the news with my family.

Melanie looked like someone had pissed in her cereal this morning, probably jealous.

But I don't really care.

"Mom. Dad. I have news." I started nervously.

My mom froze in place, fear quickly rushed onto her face as she looked at me.

My dad roughly ran a hand down the side of his face, almost... disappointed.

"You're pregnant?" They asked simultaneously.

The fucking racoon decided to pipe up again, killing her own brain cells in the process and earning a sharp glare from me.

"No. what the hell?" I stated.

They both visibly relaxed and my mom clutched her chest as if catching her breath from being strangled.

"Bless the Lord." She muttered under her breath.

"What is it sweetie?" My dad asked, a lot calmer now.

"So I posted a cover on Instagram and -" I was interupted by the blaring of my father's phone.

"Hold on just a second." He said, excusing himsef from the table to take the call.

My mood deflated instantly. My mom took notice of this and placed her petite hand on my own encouragingly.

"You know he is always busy with work." She told me. I knew that but it didn't make his absense hurt any less.

"You can tell me your news though." She encouraged.

I shook my head, standing up from my seat, glancing at the annoying kid beside me, and storming off to my room.

Upon entering, I was thrown into a fit of frusturation.

The only way I knew hoe to deal with it was to sing. It was my therapy.

Flashback

"Alright Ava." The eleven year old said.

"This is yours now. I am going to teach you how to use it when I get back okay?"

He pointed the guitar out to the toddler, recieving a coo in response.

"Now this is a very special guitar love. It is also magical."

He noticed a bright light shine in her eyes as he mentioned magic. He smiled at her, eyes crinkling at the ends as he bent one one knee to level with the crawling thing.

"Whenever you feel sad, you just pull on the string like this." He started, pulling on a chord. "And you will instantly feel better."

Baby Avalon looked up at him in amazement.

"Aiden." A voice called out.

The boy - Aiden, departed from the baby and approached the man in calling.

"We're leaving." The man ordered.

Aiden nodded, and followed the man out the door, looking back at the baby once more.

End of Flashback

By the time I was ready to sleep, I had a page full of random song lyrics I thought up in my time of distress.

Nothing really going together but not really seperate either.

Every line pertained to lonliness.

I began to put them together in my head. Humming a nameless tune.

Wanting to savor my spectacular song, I grabbed my phone and recorded me singing the notes. I sand my absolute heart out as if I was being watched; evaluated and did my best.

Another wave of self-confidence washes over me as I enter Instagram once more.

I ignore the notifications this time around and go straight tho the small plus sign by my profile pic. I insert the video I had filmed and posted it to my story saying:

'Brainstorming for a song. ya like?'

I sighed, content with my day's work and began to close my eyes slowly. Slowly slipping from the land of consciousness.

What I wouldn't know until tomorrow was that I had recieved a text.

A very special text, from a very special someone.

wherearetheavocados
what up?