21. Bunga's Fear Returns

Timon and Pumbaa were running for their lives. It seemed that every time time they joined a fight they always found themselves always being chased down by someone. 

"Keep going, buddy!", Timon encouraged from atop the warthog's head. Pumbaa ran with everything he had but he could still hear the thumps of their paws along with their panting behind them. 

"Timon....I...I can't keep this up!", Pumbaa wheezed, pushing himself as much as he could. Timon knew that he was pushing Pumbaa, but he was also concerned for the fact that there was a pack of jackals on their tails. The meerkat was just hoping that they're plan was going to work out. Just up ahead he could see a pair of arms waving over to him. 

"There he is! Just a little more, Pumbaa. I know you can make it!", Timon willed his best friend and mate to push himself to his absolute limit and make it to what he hoped was safety. Pumbaa heard Timon's words and found the strength to go even further. Timon tugged on his hair and he planted his hooves, skidding to a stop in front of the one who was signaling them. 

"Is....Is everything ready? Please tell me everything is set up!, Timon pleaded, hopping off the hyperventilating warthog.

"Tch. Don't worry. Everything is set up. Everyone's in place. Well..Most of us are. But it's gonna work. Trust me. This is a Mkali guarantee", Mkali, the eldest of the three honey badger brothers, smirked. "Hey, boys! Everything set up?", he called to the tall grass. 

"It's all double good!", Jino squeaked, stepping out of the grass. 

"What he means is that everyone's in their places. Just act natural and try not to get eaten before it all goes down", Muinuko sighed, explaining to everyone else. 

"Aw, come on Nuko. We're about to take on jackals! Aren't you pumped?", Mkali asked, pulling Muinuko close. The smaller more pessimistic badger got out of his fighting-obsessed brother's grasp. 

"Well, yeah. But it's not gonna work with us just standing around here. Come on, guys. Places. Don't mess this up", Muinuko shrugged, pulling Jino into the concealing grasses with him. 

"Man, Nuko. You're no fun", Mkali shook his head. "Alright, Timon and Pumbaa! Let's pull it together and give them something they'll never see coming! I dare those dogs to bring it on!", Mkali snarled. 

"Jeez, Pumbaa. This makes me think that crazy runs in honey badgers", Timon mumbled in Pumbaa's ear. 

"I don't know, Timon. Honestly Bunga's pretty normal compared to Mkali", Pumbaa whispered back. But knowing that the jackals they somehow out-sped were on their way, they knew that this plan that they came up with was the best and really the only option they had. 

"Come on, you two. Shake off that fear! You can't go shaking like a leaf just cause someone's bigger than you. I look at me. Sure I'm small like you guys, but back where I'm from I'm the mightiest in the area. No animal no matter how big they are wouldn't dare get in the way of Mkali the Small but Mighty!", Mkali laughed victoriously. 

"Is he on about that bring small stuff?", Muinuko asked Jino in the grass. 

"You know he never misses a chance to brag", Jino shrugged, still smiling. 

"Alright, kid. I'm sure you're a big deal back wherever you came from. But we got a bigger problem now!", Timon pointed, directing the attention of Pumbaa and Mkali to the now caught up pack of jackals. 

"Well, well, well. What's wrong, boys? Nowhere else to run?", Dogo stepped forward to taunt the 'cornered' smaller animals. "Gotta admit, warthog. You're faster than you look. But that works, in our favor. After all, a meal is always better after working up a good meal."