Chapter 6: Unrequited love

Start from the beginning

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"NO!"

"Okay. What about your gorgeous-anime-looking neighbour?" Ariel suddenly brings up.

"Who?"

"Your neighbour! Jiminie, what's his name?" She yells over the phone, "Ah, Taehyung!"

Oh him.

"What about him?" You ask as you continue to organise your files of your patients.

"I was thinking maybe you two could... You know~" You could also imagine Ariel clearly grinning sheepishly over the phone and it was annoying you since he has been nothing but a pain in the ass.

"Don't be ridiculous," You tell her, "You know what's been going on ever since he moved into my neighbourhood and how his crazy friend actually have the guts to bang my head like that? I could have died!"

"But you didn't! Instead, you woke up on the bed of a breathtakingly handsome man." Ariel chants annoyingly.

"Seriously Ariel?" You pause, "Anyways I have an appointment with a new patient so I'll call you later," You tell your best friend.

"Yeah sure but think about what I said," She reminds you. "Sometimes, someone who you just met can get so much closer to you than someone who's been with you for years."

"Err okay, bye." You hesitantly call.

"Bye! Hey, Jiminie keep that glass of water away from me!" With that, you both hang up.

-

"Come in!" You call before your new patient walks in and your eyes are once again glued to your laptop trying to send the last document for the evening.

Sighing in relief that you can finally go home right after this appointment. You spin your chair to face your new patient and as soon as you set your eyes onto the man your jaw drops. 

Your jaw drops so low that you probably lost it by now because you're beginning to wonder how the heck did you get so lucky that day by day your patients are getting more and more alluring. The tall man stands there in front of your desk, waiting to be told to sit down while you're busy goggling at him with your mouth wide open. His dark blonde hair shines like the gleam of a sword and his smooth skin gives you a sudden urge to touch and caress it.

While you're still examining his appearance from head to toe, the man awkwardly eyes his left and right of the office before nervously revealing his appealing dimples. Oh, God.

"Oh right! Sorry about that! Good afternoon, please be seated," You finally spill before pointing towards the sofa and sitting facing each other.

"So," You gulp as you find it a little hard to concentrate,  " Mr Kim Namjoon, right?"

"Yes." He purses his lips as he grins showing his heart-melting dimples once again.

Okay, let's do this.

"Shall we start?" You ask as you tick off his name on the paper you're holding and he nods.

"Oh right, I'm so sorry, Mr Kim I forgot to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Dr Kang, your new psychiatrist." You shake your hands. "Your doctor asked me to see you. Did he say anything about this?"

"No, he didn't. He told me it was going to be a male doctor! You know, I'm not crazy. I'm actually not. I didn't think he believed me. Great. Now he just thinks it's all in my head!"

That's what they all say.

"Well, I don't think he meant to imply that you were imagining anything. Since there's a connection between the mind and the body, sometimes issues such as stress can affect our physical health, you know? I do wish he had told you more clearly about myself, though. You should not have been in the loop. I'm sorry you were notified so poorly about it. Anyway, would it be okay with you if we talk for a few minutes? Your medical situation sounds complicated, and maybe you and I can put some more of these puzzle pieces together. What do you think?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Mr Kim hesitates before he speaks, "I guess. I'm still not happy about this. It's nothing personal to you. Go ahead."

"Alright."

Now we can start.

Time skip

It's pretty late at 8:07 pm as your appointment ran way too long but it was also expected as new patients always take about an hour and a half to explain their problems. However, this one went longer than you expected but that's probably because your dear patient couldn't hold onto his emotions for too long before he burst. Hoseok had waved goodbye to you through the window while Mr Kim was explaining to you about his girlfriend leaving him.

Both you and your patient get out of your clinic and lock the door behind you as Mr Kim adjusts his long brown coat.

"Thank you so much... I never really shared my problems with anyone, it feels like a big weight just lifted off my chest." Mr Kim mutters as you feel water droplets on your nose.

"That's okay, I'm glad I made you feel that way," You start to realize that it's going to rain. "Today was a great start and if we continue like this from now on, I'm sure we'll be able to solve our problem puzzle!" You smile at him genuinely before you lift your bag up on top of your head.

You wave each other a goodbye before you head home alone. You'd like to say that it's kind of scary right now in the dark but then simultaneously, it's also very pretty as you walk through the street alone, free from people. It's peaceful. You don't have to listen to anybody's problems anymore, nobody is expecting any kind of advice from you. You're just you, doing your own thing. Of course, you feel extremely sorry for your patients but it's just that sometimes, you get so busy listening to others whining and complaining about everything that you hardly get some time for yourself. When Ariel used to live with you, you had someone to complain to and whine to about everything but now, even though she's ready to leave Jimin for you any minute, you just feel like you're a burden to her. You feel guilty. Although that's not how friendship works, that's just you.

After half an hour of walking full of thoughts, you finally reach your doorstep and take your keys out.  Turns out it wasn't actually going to rain. You literally walked around carrying your bag on top of your head for no reason.

As you twist your doorknob to finally feel the warmth of your house, a massive hand slams on the door beside your right cheek. What the-

You spin in shock to find a Kim Taehyung at your doorstep.

"Kim Taehyung?!" You exclaim with your hand on your chest as you actually felt your heart drop when he suddenly slammed his hand against the door and almost your cheek.

"You tell me, what the hell?" He answers as lifts his head to move his eyes from the ground to your eyes now.

You stare at him with a questionable look, wondering what in the messed up world is this weird dude talking about. Your phone abruptly interrupts you. it's Hoseok.

Apparently you were supposed to have one more patient after Mr Kim.

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
To be continued
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚