8. I'm an idiot

Percy Jackson POV

I decided it was finally time to update Annabeth and to be honest, I'm a bit... I don't know how to describe it. (I blame the author.) I was worried about how she would take it. I didn't even know what to say, I just kind of thought I'd go with the flow and hope for the best. It's kind of depressing if you think about it, I was going to propose to her but instead... I'm breaking up with her.

She's a strong, smart, independent woman... she'll be okay... she'll understand. I quickly downed a glass of whiskey and buttoned up my shirt, attempting to look presentable. Stepping out the door and approaching the Athena cabin, knocking lightly and preparing myself. A quick movement from the window startled me and just moments later I was tackled to the ground.
"Oh my gosh, Percy! Perfect timing, I was just about to go grab you! You won't believe it! My cousin finally contacted me after like way too long and I'm going to go visit him this week." Annabeth leaned forward and pecked my lips softly, her beautiful grey eyes filled with excitement and I decided then and there that I couldn't tell her. Not yet. I couldn't destroy the happiness she felt right now, I couldn't do that to her.
"Aah, I'm so happy for you! When do you leave?"
She silenced, "Um about that...I'm heading out now."
"And you didn't tell me? C'mon girl, I thought I was special." I pouted and glanced down. Maybe it wasn't the best choice to tease her since I was kinda about to break up with her but... let's keep up the act. Yeah, yeah... I know. I get it, not the best choice maybe even the worst but I wanted to show her that I cared.
"Perce, I was gonna tell you. But I only found out like just now." Her hand reached out for mine and I chuckled, "Whatever you say. PS, I was just joking."
I craned my neck up from the awkward sitting position I was in and placed a kiss against her forehead.
"I love you, don't forget that."
She nodded excitedly and gave me a big hug before grabbing the bags Malcolm was holding, running off to what seemed like the Big House probably to tell Chiron about her leave. I sighed rubbing my neck awkwardly, peaking at Malcolm's smiling face through the gaps of my black hair.
"What?"
He shrugged, skipping around me and walking off leaving me confused. I frowned to myself and shrugged too, patting myself on the back I decided it was a good night to get drunk a little.

Bad choice.
I regret not stopping what ended up happening.
But I don't regret having the fun that I did.
Still, I shouldn't have done it.