Thirty one

Milas has invited a bunch of people from school so Joachim is surrounded by a group of people toasting to his honor. The music is thumping.

"We should go dance!" Milas shouts and drags Joachim out on the packed dance floor.

After dancing like there is no tomorrow Joachim looks to the door because he gets a prickling feeling on the back of his neck. And with good reason because in strolls Axelia in one of her sexiest outfits he ever seen her in. Their eyes meet across the club. Suddenly, they are alone in the crowd. He moved towards her and so does she.

"Happy birthday," she smiles and leans in and gives him a quick kiss.

"Thank you," he smiles.

Axelia reaches for his hand.

"Let's dance," she says and they walk out onto the floor where she starts to sway her body to the music. Joachim loves how she is grinding her body into his. He has his hands on her hips as she moves to the music. He sees his friends looking their way. But she doesn't seem to care about being watched while she dances with him. The songs keeps replaces one another but Axelia is in the moment mesmerizing him. And she is so beautiful under the strobe lights. Joachim has a hard time seeing anybody else in the crowd. He can't believe that she's there because of him.

****

Half way through the night Axelia leans in closer if that was even possible.

"I need a drink," her breath is hot right under his ear.

"Me too," he says and escorts her off the dance floor.

They drink their beer and that's when Milas walks over to them, with a shit eating grin.

"Having fun?" He winks at Joachim.

"Yeah it's my birthday, I'm having a great time," Joachim answers. Axelia kisses his cheek before she tells them that she's going back to the dance floor.

"Friends with benefits my ass!" Milas teases.

"What do you mean, we're friends."

"Dancing like that you're not," Milas challenges still grinning from ear to ear like a fucking Joker.

"Whatever." Joachim sips from his beer avoiding looking at Milas. And that's when he sees Reina as soon as she enters the club. He only notice her because of her snorting type of laugh. And he thinks to himself how it could have escaped him that she sounds like a snorting pig when she cackles like that.

Joachim gets pulled back into the conversation with Milas.

"So are you gonna join your girl on the dance floor or what?" He asks with a smirk. Joachim clear off his beer.

"Yeah, sure why not," Joachim smirk back at him and they make their way out on the floor to their friends.

Axelia smiles seductively at him and pulls him next to her grinding body and Joachim can't help that he falls into her rhythm. She makes him hot and bothered and she knows it.

"I missed you," she whispers under his ear.

He smiles at her. He would kiss her but there are some unspoken rules between them, like they don't show affection in public. Joachim gets why, there is a chance that someone might recognize her and then it might be a problem. But dancing to the groove is another thing. Axelia is swinging her hips to the beat and Joachim's breath is catching in this throat. He is so fucked, he is so in love with her.

****

"I need another drink," she says and takes his hand but drops it when they come out from the crowd. At the bar they order some imported beer, drinking straight out of the bottle.

"Are you having fun?" Joachim asks.

"Yes, how about you?" She smiles.

"You know I am," Joachim replies because she knows damn well that her sexy little body makes his blood boil. And as they are looking intensely at each other with a hunger and promise about how the night will end in his bed. Joachim smiles warmly at her and she returns it before taking another sip from her beer.

"Who's this bitch?" Reina suddenly exclaims standing behind Axelia.

"None of your fucking business," Joachim answer her fast. Staring at his ex-girlfriend, he glances at Axelia and her eyes have become like dark clouds.

"Who you calling a bitch?" She calls turning around to face her attacker.

"I'm his girlfriend," Reina utters.

"Ex-fucking girlfriend. You broke up with me six months ago," Joachim says in a harsh tone.

Reina snorts at that.

"Go find your own man, because this one is mine," Axelia proclaims in a strong confident voice. She has some serious authority when she speaks. It's the first time Axelia defines him as something other than a friend with benefits.

"You wish," Reina says getting into Axelias' face.

"Back the fuck off and leave my boyfriend alone. You had your chance."

Joachim's heart is beating so fast in his chest he thinks it might pop out of his torso. He is totally taken by surprise. What he does know is that Reina shouldn't have taken that step because in a matter of seconds there is a guy in a suit stepping forward from the bar.

"Miss I think you should leave the couple alone," he says calmly but with something threatening in his voice.

"Who are you to interfere in our conversation?" Reina doesn't know when to give up. Especially when she's been drinking wine.

"Haakon I can handle it," Axelia hisses.

He gives her a pointed look and that's when it hits Joachim that has to be her bodyguard. He kind of looks like their age, even if he dresses like a stiff.

"I said it once, leave the couple alone or I'll personally escort you out of this club," Haakon says in a grim tone.

Reina takes another look at them.

"This isn't over bitch," she says under her breath. Haakon takes her by the arm and leads her off.

Axelia breathes out.

"What a fucking nutcase," she mentions.

Joachim still doesn't know what to say or do. Axelia finally looks up at his stunned face.

"Was that too much?"

"You...you know what you called me, right?" Joachim stutters. Axelia cheeks gets heated.

"Only if yo..."

She doesn't get a chance toend her sentence, because Joachim has both of his hands around her face kissingher like he wanted to do all night.