5

Sonic's POV:

After he closed the door, I turned around and leaned on it. I slid down to the floor and pulled my knees to my chest. After fighting it, I let the first tear slip out and the rest follow. I can't believe he left. He promised me he'd never leave me. I thought that was what marriage was about. It's all my fault that he left. Wait…no it wasn't. It's this baby's fault. This damn baby. If it wasn't for this baby, I'd be in my husband's arms watching a movie. I wish this baby would just di-

Ding Dong

I jump from the loud ring of the doorbell. I stand up and open the door. I see Rouge standing there looking down at her phone.

"Hey, Sonic. I nee-," She looks up from her phone and stares at me with wide greyish blue eyes, "Sonic, what's wrong? What happened?" She asked as she put her hands on my cheeks. I shake her hands from my face and move over to let her in.

"Sonic, what happened?" She asked again as she threw her purse on the couch.

"Shadow left…" I whispered. I didn't even think she heard me until she said,

"What do you mean left? Where did he go?"

"He left, Rouge. What more do I need to say? And if I knew where he was don't you think I would've went after him?" I snapped at her. I can see the shock in her face. I never snap like that…never.

"Ok. I've had a lot of pregnant cousins to know those are just your hormones and you don't really mean it. So, tell me what happened," She said as she held out her arms to me. I ran into them and held her tight. The tears start once again.

"A-after dinner, h-he ke-kept asking m-me if an-anything inter-er-resting h-happened. Wh-when I kept say-aying no, he ye-yelled at m-me and said Kn-knuckles told him the truth about th-the test. Th-then he g-got m-mad at me a-and l-left!" I choked out through the tears. She rubs her hand up and down my back.

"When did he leave?"

"Uh, about 10 mi-minutes ago,"

"It'll be fine, Sonic. Come on. Sit on the couch and relax. I'll handle it," She said as she led me to the couch. I curled up on the couch with a pillow in my arms. I just want my Shadow back.

Knuckles' POV:

Rouge should be back with that sugar by now. Sonic and Shadow only live next door. I pulled my phone out getting ready to dial her number. Before I could go to my contact list, her Caller ID popped up. I click the answer button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey, babe. I was just getting ready to call you. What's going on? You should be back by now," I say as I look at the watch on my wrist.

"Knuckles, Shadow left Sonic. Sonic said they had an argument and he just stormed out. I need you to go look for him. You know how he gets when he's upset,"

"Yea! Of course! When did he leave?" I ask her as I walk to the front door and grab my jacket off the rack.

"Um, around 15 minutes ago. I'll stay here with Sonic. Call me when you find him,"

"Ok. Talk to you later. Love you," I tell her as I walk to my car.

"I love you too, Knuckles. Forever and Always?"

I smile, "Forever and Always, babe. Forever and Always," We hang up and I get in the car.

I drive to all of the places I think Shadow would be. After spending 3 hours of driving around, I finally decide to head back home. I stop at a red light and look to my right and see something shiny lying on the corner. Being me, I parked by the corner and picked the object up. I clean some of the dirt on it and my eyes widen at what's engraved in it;

" 'Cause You Have My Heart –L"

After a year of being engaged, Shadow and Sonic decided to get their dog tags engraved…and that's what was engraved on Shadow's. I shove the dog tag in my pocket and look around. I see an alley about a block ahead. Using my long legs as an advantage, I quickly ran to the alley and saw a pair of legs hanging out of a big garbage bin. I run up to it and look in to see a beaten, bruised, cut, and unconscious body. I take out my phone and call Mileena,

"Shadow? Rouge told me what happened! Me and the guys are out looking for him now,"

"Well stop looking…cause I found him,"

Sonic's POV:

I was in the middle of talking to Rouge about a new song, when her phone rung.

"Knuckles? Did you find him?...What?...Oh My God. Which one?...Okay. We're on our way," She turned towards me, "Sonic, grab your shoes, we gotta get to the hospital," We got off the couch to put our shoes on.

"Why? What's going on?"

"Knuckles found Shadow…and it's not good," She grabbed her purse and we ran out of the door.

It felt like it took 5 hours to get to the hospital. When in real life, it only took 20 minutes. When Rouge parked in front of the hospital, I flew out of the car, not even closing the door. Me and Rouge ran up to the nurse's desk. The nurse looked up at us when I got there. She had long black hair, light brown eyes, pale skin but rosy cheeks and looked like she was in her early 20's.

"Can I help you?"

"We're looking for Shadow The Hedgehog room," Rouge said.

She looked through her files, "Are you relatives?"

"I'm his cousin, Rouge The Bat," Rouge said.

"And I'm his husband, Sonic The Hedgehog" I tell her. The nurse looked at me and gave me a sad smile.

"Aw. That's so sweet. He's in room 302. Good luck," Me and Rouge nod and run to the room. Once we see the number 302 on the door, I open it and see my Shadow bruised and cut with tubes hooked up to him. My eyes filled with tears.

"Oh My God," I whisper. I'm so focused on Shadow that I didn't see Knuckles, Mileena, Tails, and Silver in the room until I feel a heavy hand on my shoulder.

"He'll be fine, Sonic. The doctor said he should wake up soon," Silver said.

I just nodded my head, unable to respond. It's like that whole fight we had just disappeared from my mind. I move a hand up to my mouth to fight what was trying to come up. I run to the bathroom and kneel over the toilet. I close my eyes as I threw my dinner up. I felt a hand rest on my back, rubbing up and down.

After puking up all that was left in my stomach, I sit back and let whoever was rubbing my back flush the toilet. I opened my eyes and saw Rouge studying me with her blue eyes; a color they only turned when she was really sad.

"Rouge?"

"Yeah, Sonic?"

"Get me a doctor…please," She nodded her head and ran out of the bathroom to find a doctor. I slowly stood up and walked down the hall to see Rouge walking with a doctor.

"Mr. Hedgehog? I was told you needed a doctor?"

"Uh, yes. As weird as this may sound…I need you to give me a pregnancy test. Now," His eyes widened and he starts stuttering.

"U-um, sure. I guess that c-could be d-done. Follow me please," He started walking down the hall and me and Rouge followed. Here goes nothing.