Observation

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Y/N-ah, are you listening to me?" You snapped out of your thoughts, glaring at the retreating figure of none other then Min Yoongi exit the cafe with his friend, Jung Hoseok. Another nudge to your ribcage had you turning to address your newly found friend, Cheung-yi. She rolled her eyes, settling her chin on her open palms and fluttering her fingers against her rounded cheeks. "Wow. What's your fixation with the Bangtan Boys? Not you too?"

"The... Bangtan... Boys?" You echoed, eyebrows twisting in confusion. Cheung-yi rolled her eyes and settled back onto the hard wooden chair. "Who's that?"

"That really exclusive fraternity, or something. You'd think that they're Gods with the way some of my friends talk about them," Cheung-yi sighed. "All I hear about is Park Jimin this... Kim Namjoon that..."

"They're a fraternity?" You squawked, mildly loud enough to draw some annoyed gazes. Sheepishly, you lowered your volume. "They're a fraternity?"

Now that you thought about it, it did explain why they all lived in a giant communal house instead of the dorms. Did this campus even have fraternities? Apparently so. You didn't know that. Maybe you should've done more research...

Cheung-yi giggled and shook her head. "I can't believe you didn't know that? How did you avoid literally everyone talking about them?"

"O-oh..." were you really that oblivious to people's conversations? You thought you were pretty observant.

"Yeah... wait, if you didn't know they were a fraternity... why were you looking at them?" The short asian narrowed her eyes in suspicion, pursing her lips together and eying you. Sweat beaded at your brow.

Oh, cause like, I got in a late night excursion with them and they brought me back to their dorm and I took a shower there and...

"Uh...."

Her gaze softened. "I'm just messing with you. They're really hot, afterall."

You choked on your drink, lukewarm coffee singeing your sinuses. She tossed her head back and laughed. Cheung-yi was that kind of person. Despite not knowing her very long, you liked her amicable personality and how easily she seemed to smile. The girl was very emotional.

"So..." you trailed off. "Tell me their names."

Cheung-yi's mouth formed into a surprised 'o', an offronted look popping onto her face, as well as a scandalised tone. "Y/N! I can't believe you don't know the seven gods at our university!"

You shrugged, taking another sip of your coffee. Your silence prompted an annoyed huff, and a slow explanation.

"There's Kim Namjoon, he's apparently a genius prodigy or something. Either way, everyone knows him– or his brain, really. He's doing Linguistics and Psychology. Pretty sure he's the head of the Philosophy club too... I don't know. He's so eloquent and handsome? Like have you seen that facial structure? Like I talked to himonce and I saw his smile and he has dimples? And... death has never been so sweet. His voice? I've never heard anything so beautiful."

You unimpressed look ushered a blush onto Cheung-yi's face.

Kim Namjoon... that was the guy Jin had called in your momentary crisis. His voice had sounded tinny and been generally unclear through the speaker of the pink flip-phone, but he had seemed to be the voice of reason in your short stay at the Bangtan house.

"Moving on. There's Kim Seokjin. I mean, there's a facebook group dedicated to about him and I'm pretty sure a programming major made a fan-club app for him or something. He's such a visual. Uh... I'm not sure what he's majoring in, but I think it's business? He's so beautiful . Like I didn't know guys could be so beautiful? But I heard he never accepts instagram requests or whatever, he's private. Shame..." Cheung-yi actually sounded upset that the student was private. "He's got that sort of solemn beauty? Heard he's the oldest too."