The Time He Met His Match

Lady Mio sat at the edge of the pond, combing her long bronze hair and humming a tune. She wasn't alone though, two servants waited for her with her clothing and items she may need as she bathed, and not too far away, there were warriors scattered about to make sure there wasn't trouble made or caused. Although they weren't out of the village completely, but it was still unsafe in regards to unexpected visitors.

"My Lady, your Father is waiting for you," One servant reminded.

"Let him wait," She grunted, keeping her eyes closed as she continued to push her fingers through her hair, unaware that someone else would remind her about the exact same thing. Her nose wrinkled as she slowly opened her eyes and looked over her shoulder, a frown appeared on her face as she asked, "I am assuming that you are here to remind me about meeting my Father?"

A grunt followed. "As much as I despise the idea of going through with this ridiculous plan, it's not in my interest to interfere with the request of a Western Lord," The man hissed. He didn't like her presence either, her scent made him cringe, her voice irritated him and the way she spoke to him made him angry. "The sooner this is over, the sooner I can stop being around you," He scoffed.

She let out a sarcastic laugh. Pushing herself to her feet and covering her naked form with a robe along the way, she turned to face her supposed counterpart and said, "I suppose you're right, Lord Sesshōmaru, the sooner we get over this situation, the sooner I can get away from your presence."

Sesshōmaru kept his eyes on her as she brushed passed him, purposely bumping his shoulder with hers. His eyes narrowed and he couldn't do anything about it as she already took enough steps to be at a far distance, and he was left to follow her with the servants trailing behind him. He sensed the warrior yōkais at a distance, their eyes peering their way to make sure the Western Lord's heir was safe. It bothered him that there were far too many people around him, he had been used to having A-Un and his kappa servant following him all the time.

"Lord Sesshōmaru!"

His thoughts were interrupted as he heard someone yell, and before he realized it, he had unexpectedly bumped into the woman. She lost balance as his body collided with hers, yet with his reflex, he instantly reached for her hand and pulled her close to him to balance her to her feet. Unknown to him as to how close their bodies were, but their eyes were connected and they remained quiet.

The two of them didn't break their gaze. They didn't even budge.

"Lady Mio, your Father is- he's here-" One servant couldn't say the right words, instead, the servants bowed and lowered their heads. The warriors stepped from the shadows and also bowed, their weapons withdrawn and all greeted their Western Lord. Mio parted her lips to speak, though her expression turned to a frown and she pressed her hands on his chest, pushing him back as she too took a step back.

"Am I interrupting something?" Heihachirō cleared his throat. He appeared fine as he stood on both feet and his form was as strong as ever. Although it seemed that way at first, however, as Sesshōmaru took a closer look, the Western Lord was held up by a cane. His clothing lacked armor and he looked frail, the green veins began to form along his face as he stared at the two, his parched lips parting as he asked, "May I speak to you - alone - Lord Sesshōmaru?"

Mio rubbed the back of her neck and nodded, keeping quiet as she called for her servants and rushed out of the scene. Leaving Sesshōmaru to stand his ground, they were facing face to face as Heihachirō came closer to him to close the gap to just two or three steps away.

"I may agree for the two of you to go on this task together, but do not forget, Mio is my daughter, and if you had the decency and respect for me, you would restrain yourself," He warned. "You must pretend and leave it that way."