Chapter : 23

23 : edited

"Lucy-san? Can I talk to you for a sec?" Lisanna asked, twirling a stand of her snow white hair around her fingers.

"Sure!" The blonde smiles, saying bye to Levy and Gray before following behind the whitette.

"I wanted to apologise for how I acted yesterday..." Lis sighs once they take a seat on a bench. "It's just that I don't want Natsu to be hurt like how he was when Mavis left — you know about her right?" She paused, letting the blonde nod understandingly.

"I acted like that because I care about Natsu and if I'm being honest — I never want to see him like how he was back then. He looked so broken and used when she left with Zeref and I don't want him to hit that low point ever again... even if I do truly believe that you would never hurt him..."

"I understand but it did hurt to know you thought I would hurt him like that whether it was intentional or not I have no reason to cause Natsu pain when all he's ever shown me was kindness and acceptance."

"Which is why I wanted to say sorry to you... I jumped to conclusions without realising you looked like you were crying too, are you alright by the way?"

"Yes I'm fine — we're fine, we were just talking and it somehow got emotional," the blonde smiles, reliving the moment he said he loved her. "I really like you Lisanna, you've proven your a good friend of Natsu's and you've been really nice to me which is why it kind of shocked me when you yelled at me but I accept your apology and I'm glad Natsu has a friend like you..." getting up, the blonde walked over to her and pulled her in for a hug, allowing the whitette to rest her head on her chest in the embrace.

"I'm glad Natsu has a friend like you too, he's changed since you've got here and I'm happy that he's happy." Lisanna smiles as she broke the hug and got up.
But I want to make him happier...

"That's all I wanted to say but it was nice talking to you one-on-one Lucy-san and also I'm gonna be having another beach party — and yes I checked the weather, See ya later!" She giggles before walking off.

They both knew not to mention their rivalry for the pinkettes heart, knowing their conversation probably wouldn't of ended with smiles.

—–»

"So what are you going to do about Lisanna?" Levy asks.

"Nanimonai..." she shrugs, taking a seat on the floor, moving the snoring pinkettes head so it was on her lap.

"What do you mean nothing?! It's obvious that she likes him, I suggest you stay with Natsu throughout the party."

"But me and Natsu aren't even together and remember that it's him you chooses between us, I'm not gonna smother him just because another girl likes him and even if we were together, I would trust him not to do anything stupid, plus I like Lisanna and I can see the reasons as to why he'd like her too." The blonde smiles, lightly stroking her best friends pink spiky hair which was tied into a small ponytail.

"Your so positive Lu-chan..." Levy sighs, taking a seat beside the blonde and leaning her head on Lucy's shoulder.
"I just want you to be happy because I love you..." Levy smiles, lightly twirling a strand of the blondes hair around her petite finger.