8. Nimbus Two Thousand

Y/N's POV

After the whole three-headed dog incident, I started thinking about what it was hiding, then all of a sudden it hit me.

The item that was stolen from Gringotts was here. I had read about it in the Daily Prophet and it seemed like the only logical answer.

I told Harry and Ron about my idea and Ron chirped. "It must either be really valuable or dangerous."

"Or both." Harry added.

Since that night when we encountered the dog, I had been trying to stay on Hermione's good side as obviously she was annoyed at what we got her into.

Hermione wasn't speaking to Harry or Ron, a win in both their eyes, but hopefully, she would still speak to me.

"Hey, Granger." I said with a smile, she looked at me.

"Hello Y/N, here to get me in trouble again?"

"That was one time." I said exasperatedly. "Besides you got to spend quality time with me." I added with a wink as she went a little bit red.

I opened my mouth to say something but was disrupted by an owl landing on the table. There was a package and a note, I grabbed the note first.

DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.

It contains your Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Oliver Wood will meet you tonight on the Quidditch field at seven o'clock for your first training session.

Professor McGonagall

"Holy crap, a Nimbus Two Thousand?" Ron said in envy having read my note over my shoulder.

"Jeez Ronald, ever heard of privacy?" I said rolling my eyes.

He ignored what I said and carried on. "I've never even touched one! Go on open it."

"The note did say open away from the table." Harry stated and I nodded, getting up.

"A reward for breaking the rules?" Hermione said in shock. "Pathetic."

Ron and Harry rolled their eyes.

"You could be happy for me Hermione." I sighed before walking away.

Upon leaving the Great Hall the three of us walked into Malfoy with Crabbe and Goyle.

Malfoy snatched the parcel from my hand quickly. "That's a broomstick," he said, throwing it back to me with both jealousy and spite on his face, "you'll be in for it this time, L/N, first years aren't allowed them."

Ron couldn't help but say. "That's not just any old broomstick, it's a Nimbus Two Thousand what you got at home Malfoy? A Comet Two Sixty?"

"What would you know about it, Weasley, you couldn't afford half the handle," Malfoy snapped back, "I suppose you and your brothers have to save up twig by twig."

Just then, Professor Flitwick walked past. "Not arguing I hope boys?"

"L/N's been sent a broomstick." Malfoy said quickly.

"Yes, yes, that's right," said Professor Flitwick, beaming at me, "Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances, Mr L/N. And what model is it?"

"A Nimbus Two Thousand Professor." I replied, smirking at Malfoy who had the funniest expression on his face.

Seeing his expression it made me carry on. "It's really thanks to Malfoy here that I've got the broom."

Harry and Ron stood at the side trying their best not to laugh. Once Flitwick left the three of us rushed to the common room laughing at Draco's face.

"I guess it's true." Harry snickered.

"Yeah, without him stealing Neville's Remembrall you wouldn't of impressed McGonagall." Ron added.

Throughout lessons that whole day, I couldn't pay attention. I was too excited to meeting Wood on the Quidditch Pitch later. After dinner me, Harry and Ron bolted upstairs to finished unwrapping my broom and getting ready for my first training session.

At my Quidditch training with Wood, he recapped the basic Quidditch rules which I already knew. We ended up practising trying to catch the Snitch by having Wood throw golf balls at me. Oliver also told me that Quidditch training was three times a week and told me everything else that I needed to know.

That night I crept back into my dormitory only to be interrogated by all my dorm mates. Eventually, I managed to sleep, excited since today I got my broom and that tomorrow was Halloween.

Two months at Hogwarts and it felt like I had been here all my life.