45. "This feels like a family reunion"

Start from the beginning

You nodded first, but then remembered that he couldn't see you. After being together for so long, the kidnapping and whole situation now seemed like a neverending nightmare to you.

"Alright, I'll pass it on", you assured him.

"Thank you, my love."

You smiled.
"I miss you."

"And I can't even express how much I miss you", he replied with a desperate sigh.
"How do you think it makes me feel to be with these idiots, Sehun and Kai, instead of spending time with you?"

The irritation in his voice was straigt up hilarious and you wished you could tell the guys to molest him more, just for fun. You were sure it was good for Jimin to be around some other people.

The realization that you hadn't told him the big news yet struck you suddenly.
"I forgot to tell you straight away, but Jungkook woke up."

There was silence and you tried to imagine the feelings Jimin was experiencing at that very moment or the facial expression he was making. He sighed loudly in relief and you imagined how he was smiling at the news.

"That's amazing... Tell him-"
He stopped in his tracks, recalling that he of all people should have nothing to say to Jungkook...
"Nevermind. I hope he recovers fully."

"I hope so too", you agreed.
"And I hope the same for you."

"My wounds aren't that severe", he muttered.

"Still, take time to rest Jimin", you warned, actually making him smile solely over the fact that someone cared.

"Sure I will", he chuckled.
"We should hang up now. Don't want to be tracked down with this number."

"Okay. We'll talk soon."

~

Everyone was sitting around the table, even Jungkook who had persuaded Jin that he would attend the meeting as well. However, Jin refused to sit on Namjoon's spot at the head of the table.
The door was closed and the meeting began.

"I, uh... I don't feel comfortable being the one to speak like this in front of all of you", Jin admitted.

"Oh, don't feel like that. It's only obvious that you're our leader now", Hoseok encouraged, to which everyone nodded.

"Thanks, you guys... we have to be strong in times like these."

Everyone hummed in agreement, also in sadness. The air was overtaken by a heavy depressive atmosphere. Yet, everyone tried to keep themselves composed.

"First off, we need to know where we stand now. Who is our enemy? Do we fight? What is Jimin to us now?", Jin explained.
"Y/N... I think you could give us an insight on that."

Everyone's heads turned to look at you, expecting at least some good news.

"Our enemy is Korea's mafia boss number 1, Ki Hongbin. He is responsible for many of the missions we failed in the past and was the one to end Namjoon's life."
You felt your voice getting thinner while speaking about it.
"He is also the one who turned Jimin against us in the past and is now out to kill him-me probably as well, since I've been to his hideout and made it out alive."

"What about Jimin-hyung?", Jungkook dared to ask.
"Is he on our side?"

You hesitated a little. Was he really on your side now? Or was this only temporary until Hongbin was eliminated?
"He is. Jimin wants to free himself from his contract with Hongbin and fight", you replied.