CHAPTER 27: STAY ALIVE

PETER PARKER
Present traveling to the past

I woke up to the sound of ruffling sheets, "What are you doing Quentin?" I moaned to him, disturbed from my sleep. And it was the best I'd slept in a long time with Quentin's arms holding me close while my face was nuzzled into his neck, falling asleep to the rhythm of his steady heartbeat.

I rubbed the sleep eyes from my eyes to glare at him but I was confused to find him sound asleep. I was only able to admire how handsome he looked for a mere three seconds before I was grabbed by the ankles and thrown so hard that I crashed into the wall with a loud thud.

My heart was pounding in my chest and my hands moved down to try and cover my manhood since I was still very much naked. My entire body was shaking in fright from being so startled by Shadow- at least I thought it was Shadow.

"Mr Stark?" I gasped in relief, "What are you doing?" My face burned red as I reached out to grab my boxers but I was interrupted with a kick to the gut. My back banged against the wall once again and I was filled with bewilderment, letting out a groan.

"Peter?" Quentin mumbled with a sleep ridden face, "What's going on?"

Mr Stark lifted me up by the throat and I gripped his hands and desperately tried to pull them off, "M-Mr Stark?" I choked and frantically looked at Quentin for help. He ran over to us and grabbed Tony's hair and yanked him away from me.

"Are you ok?" He cupped my face and inspected me for wounds but all I could do was focus on Mr Stark and the pure hatred in his eyes.

"Stay behind me." He hissed and shielded my body from Tony while I grabbed my underwear and pulled it on, mortified that he had seen me naked.

I wrapped my hand around one of Quentin's biceps as him and Mr Stark glowered at each other, "What in the fuck do you think you're doing?" He growled and I shivered at the tone.

"He has to pay." Mr Stark answered with heavy breathing and a clouded, evil look in his eyes.

I have to pay? Pay for what?

"Are you out of your goddamn mind?" Quentin shouted at him and my grasp on his arm tightened. Normally I wouldn't be so scared in a situation like this. I felt pathetic for freezing up but this was an exception because Mr Stark just tried to kill me.

"He has to pay." He seethed and advanced toward us slowly, "He has to pay, he has to pay." He chanted and Quentin turned to me.

"Get out of here, use your webs and go out using the balcony." He ordered but I frowned.

"I'm not leaving you here alone." I murmured, "And my web shooters are over there." I pointed to the other side of the room and Quentin huffed, going to protest but I felt the hair on my arms rise up, my spidey senses tingling. I moved to see Tony inches away from punching Quentin. It moved in slow motion for me and I pushed him out of the way which resulted in the blow hitting the wall above me because of my height difference with Quin.

Quentin yanked Mr Stark onto the ground by his throat and held him there while he struggled to breathe. Without the Ironman suit all Tony had was his brain but in a situation like this it didn't matter. Quentin was ripped even without superhero powers so he had him pinned down with ease.

"He has to pay." Tony choked and tried to pry the hands off of his throat but to no avail.

I felt my eyes water at the sight of Mr Stark in pain and rested my hand on Quentin's shoulder, "Stop." I whispered. He didn't let go but turned around to face me and gave me a questioning look.

"He literally just tried to kill you." He reasoned but it was in a soft voice rather than one laced with irritation.

My eyes averted to Mr Stark who stopped even attempting to fight back with his arms limp and resting by his sides, "Just... stop."