CHAPTER 13: HOSTAGE AND SACRIFICE

QUENTIN BECK
Flashback

I thrashed in the chair I was bound to and desperately tried to untie my wrists but to no avail. "Amber, if you don't let me out of here right now you're going to regret it," I seethed, making both her and Azaria flinch back in fear. Neither of them responded. Amber glared at me while Azaria looked a tad pitiful but not enough to actually mean anything.

I gave up and sadly turned my eyes to the screen before me, watching Jack, disguised as me to get to Spiderman. He still had the EDITH technology installed into his computer even if the actual glasses were destroyed, which he used to shape shift into me.

He was trying to kill Peter.

The bastards had the interaction plastered right in front of me from Jack's drone recording it. I wanted to vomit watching the way he was handling Peter, what he was telling him.

"Because I love you," Jack claimed as I resisted the urge to projectile vomit everywhere. Then maybe they'd let me go...

"What?!" Peter shrieked in shock. "What do you mean you love me? All of this was just an act to get me to fall in love with you!"

The words stung and he kept talking but all I could focus on was his red eyes and lips forming into a pout. And then Jack had the goddamn audacity to kiss him.

"What the hell!" I shot up in my chair and tugged harder on the restraints. "Let me out!" I demanded while the two girls backed away in fear. I pulled and pulled and pulled but no matter how hard I tried the knots wouldn't come undone.

I watched with a heavy heart as Jack's (well, I guess mine because he was shape shifted into me but it was him in there nonetheless) lips collided with Peter's. The sadness filled right back up with anger when Jack's hands gripped his waist and pulled Peter closer to him.

But I felt a lick of hope spark up in me when Peter grimaced, fully knowing something was off.

Figure it out Pete... we're counting on you, Spiderman.

PETER PARKER
Flashback

I pushed on Beck's chest and panted. Even the way he was looking at me had an uneasy, skeptical feeling settling in my stomach.

"What's wrong?" he frowned, hands traveling down and gripping onto my bottom harshly as I let out a squeak. That was something Beck wouldn't do so harshly and especially not at a time like this.

This isn't him.

I shook my head no and smiled. "No, everything's fine." He looked relieved and connected our lips again.

The second he dipped in tongue into my mouth I knew exactly what was happening. Quentin was not this disgusting. His kisses were gentle and affirming, he knew what he was doing. This one was lazy and inexperienced and just gross. But I knew I had to play along to figure out just exactly what was going on. I needed to make sure.

"Remember the night we first met?" I asked him and he stiffened before agreeing.

"Of course I remember." He grinned.

"And when you came up to see me on the roof after Fury had yelled at me?"

"Yeah," he looked suspicious, "why are you asking me so many questions?"