CHAPTER 20: BACK TO THE FUTURE

PETER PARKER
Present

"Tell me what your plan is," I hissed, shooting daggers with my eyes at Shadow.

He chuckled and grinned at me. His front teeth were missing and others were cracked. He was covered in wounds that were bleeding profusely and looked like he was a minute away from death. Which he probably was.

"If you value your life at all then tell me!" I yelled, punching the wall behind him, centimeters away from his face. My fist went straight through the structure and you could see through to the other side.

Quentin placed a hand on my back and rubbed it soothingly, trying to catch my attention, "I don't think he's going to crack Peter." I shook him off and aimed my fist at him again but Quentin caught it mid air, "And as much as I'd love to kill him, we really should keep him alive for now."

I growled, knowing he was right. I pushed away from them and walked outside to catch some fresh air. Everyone had scoped the building but there was no sign of Amber or Azaria anywhere inside.

I rubbed my hands together to create some friction because of the cold weather. Of course, Quentin followed me outside in worry, "Are you okay?" He asked and caressed my cheek.

I huffed, "Yeah. I'm fine." He looked down and noticed me shivering.

"I'll go get you a jacket or something. Your suit is really thin." I mumbled a thank you before reveling in my time alone to think.

I love Quentin, but he worries about me too much constantly.

"Psst!" I heard a whisper and jumped a little out of surprise. I looked around, confused, not seeing anyone.

"Hello?" I called.

"Lower your voice, no one can hear us." I made eye contact with a girl. Dark skin and frizzy, untamed hair.

"Who are you?" I said in a hushed voice, not too intimidated by her presence.

"I'm Azaria, I'm one of the people who came with Shadow." She spoke and I took a step back cautiously, "Don't worry I'm not going to try anything. I want to warn you." She rolled her eyes sassily.

"Why would you want to help us?" I pondered, "And warn me about what?"

She coughed uncomfortably and refused to make eye contact, "I wanted revenge when he first came to us about this plan and so I agreed, but once we got further into it, it got too far. I couldn't back out once I knew what it was since he'd kill me in order for me to keep my mouth shut."

I stared at her with eyes as wide as saucers and curiosity bubbling in my veins, "Azaria," I began, "What's his plan?"

"You know Jack, the man who shape shifted as Quentin to trick you?" She questioned and I nodded, "His plan was to fire missiles at Stark Towers out of vengeance. He wanted to kill everyone associated with Ironman. The only reason you were targeted at first was because you had EDITH. But once you figured out our plan he wanted to kill you."

I stopped her, "What does this have to do with Shadow's plan?"

"I'm getting there, chill out." She unwrapped a piece of gum from her pocket and began chewing loudly as I grimaced, "Shadow wants to do something like that but it's worse this time."

"Worse?" I scoffed, "What's worse than that?"

"He wants to bring Ironman back to life, then make Tony watch as he fires the missiles to kill all of New York City." She said nonchalantly while my jaw dropped to the floor.

"Bring him back to life?!" I screeched and she slid her hand over my mouth to keep me quiet.

"Shut up, Amber and Shadow can't know that I told you." She hissed at me, venom lingering in her voice.