CHAPTER 23: THE SPIDER AND MAGICIAN

DRAWING BY: pinkpipedream

PETER PARKER
Present traveling to the past

Everywhere I looked was covered in sand that was even reaching miles ahead of us, meeting the horizon as the sun started to settle into the night. The sound of the helicopter's wings rotating to keep us in the air filled our ears while I gripped Quentin's hand nervously.

"How do you even know where we're going when everything looks exactly the same?" I asked Obadiah skeptically who was currently flying the vehicle. We obviously knew we couldn't trust him but Quentin managed to snag a gun that he threatened Obadiah with.

Quentin's thumb rubbed up and down on the side of my pointer finger in an attempt to soothe my anxiety filled thoughts

"Just trust me." He insisted.

"Trust you?" I scoffed and Quentin moved his other hand to caress the side of my face with a faint smile.

"What other choice do you have right now?" Obadiah questioned with a raised brow and I sighed in discomfort.

He has a point.

Hours passed and it was completely dark now but I insisted we stayed in the air in order to get to Mr Stark as fast as possible. The glowing stars illuminated the night sky just enough to be able to see in front of us. By time we finally reached our destination, I was a sweating ball of nerves and unwavering anxiety. And pee.

Quentin's head was resting on top of my own with my face smooshed into his chest. "Wake up." He cooed and brushed my hair away from my eyes, "We're here."

Obadiah landed on the ground slightly far away from where Tony was being kept so that there was less chance of us being seen, "I'll wait here. You guys go in and get Tony then head back."

Quentin chuckled and harshly opened Obadiah's door, "You really think we're that stupid? You're coming with us." He demanded and yanked him out of the car while he protested.

"I'm going to get killed, I can't defend myself at all!" He cried while Quentin just rolled his eyes and started pulling us closer to the destination.

"You're going to get us all killed if you don't shut the hell up." He growled.

We ducked behind a tent and I scoped the area for any lookouts or people that would stop us.

I pulled the oversized sweatshirt that I had borrowed from Quentin over my head as I began to talk, "We're not using that gun to hurt anyone unless it's absolutely necessary." I dictated, pulling off the sweatpants. I glanced toward them to see Obadiah staring at my body and I gulped, blushing uncomfortably as I stepped into the legs of my suit in a hurry, "G-Got it?"

Quentin yanked Obadiah around harshly to prevent him from seeing me as I stood in my boxers with a red face, "Fine." He gave in and pretended he wasn't staring at me the entire time too.

I pulled my mask over my face when I was done, "I'm going to go in first, you can look out for people and step in if anything happens. If I get caught all the people sleeping in these tents will rush in there anyway." I instructed while Quentin shook his head.

"No way. I'm coming with you."

I huffed and started to glare at him, "Do you currently suffer from short term memory loss? Because I'm pretty sure we just had a conversation about you babying when I can handle myself."

"I'll stay here to be the lookout!" Obadiah exclaimed desperately.

Quentin and I immediately scowled at him and he quickly shut up, "No." We said in unison.