CHAPTER 25: ABANDONMENT AND REVENGE

ART DONE BY pinkpipedream

MANY YEARS AGO

Olivia pressed the palms of her hands into her face as salty droplets rolled down her cheeks. She made a mistake. A mistake that would change her life forever.

"I'm not going to get an abortion!" She cried and locked eyes with the man before her, "We messed up but we have to take responsibility for our actions, Tony."

He didn't look nearly as sad as she did. His relaxed demeanor angered her to no end? How could he be so calm?

"I'm sixteen years old." He spoke cooly and picked at his fingernails in disinterest, "I'm not having a baby right now. I have a whole life ahead of me, an entire company to take care of and I'm not giving that up for a one night stand that meant nothing to me."

"How can you say that?" Olivia sobbed and slammed her fists down on the table, "I have a human inside of me, a human that you helped me create!"

"It's just a clump of cells until it develops." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, "I don't know why you're making this such a big deal."

Olivia gaped at the man, not being able to comprehend how Tony didn't care at all. He would barely spare her a glance and yawned tiredly.

"He or she is not an it." She seethed in mortification, "Do you not care at all? We're talking about our child here, I'd appreciate if you could at least pretend to have some goddamn compassion." She weeped and stood up from the table. Her chair knocked down and clashed against the wooden floor, leaving a scratch from the impact.

"No, we're not talking about a child." Tony cut in, "We're talking about a clump of undeveloped cells that can be terminated and won't ruin our lives. You're aborting it. I'm not dealing with this any longer." He exhaled loudly and stood up too.

"I'm not getting an abortion!" Olivia wailed, "If you want to ruin our baby's life then go ahead, but I'm not a murderer Tony." She walked towards him and grabbed a fistful of his expensive looking shirt, "I'll have a DNA test done, I can prove it's yours." She threatened.

His eyes widened and he finally started to be concerned about the situation, "Look, I'm not taking care of it. I'm no father." He tore her hands off of him, "But I'll give you money, as much as you need. I'll pay for a house and college and health care and anything else you ask for. I'll make sure it has a good life but it'll be one without me."

Vulnerability echoed out of her in waves, "Fine." She settled, "Maybe they'd be better off without a father rather than a scumbag of one anyway."

Tony's throat tightened painfully but he forced down the feelings that he didn't know he was capable of feeling. The pair stared at each other with emotions swirling through them like wildfire but neither had any words to say. Olivia wiped the tears from her now swollen, red eyes and took a step back from Tony reluctantly.

"Yeah, you're right." He muttered.

Nine months passed by in a flash and Olivia had given birth to a baby boy. Her parents kicked her out and everyone she knew shamed her for being a pregnant sixteen year old girl.

Tony stuck to his word and paid for a luxurious house with whatever she asked for. But she didn't want any of it. She wanted the child she loved to have a father. But Tony Stark really was no father.

Olivia tried to raise him for a few weeks but from the constant crying to the stress to the venom filled words thrown at her like slut and whore and skank, she just couldn't handle it.