Chapter 39: Victory is Ours

~Legolas's POV~

I look around for Hailey, my mind filling with worry. I had to focus, had to not worry about her. I promised her that. 

"Fifteen, sixteen," Counting my own kills I continue to slaughter the evil around me, "Seventeen!" 

"Legolas!" Aragorn's cry could be heard over the sounds of war. I turn, slashing an orcs that were in my way. The ranger points to one of the Mûmakil, closly related to the Oliphant, heading straight towards us. 

Nodding my head, I run towards the 20 foot beast with my bow in hand. Running towards it, I leap onto its tusk. It's hard to get onto it's front leg, and I was quite sure that I wouldn't have made it, but the straps of leather made it easy to grab on. I cut a leather strap, enableing me to swing over to the Mûmakil's back leg. 

Clambering up onto the beast, I start to shoot arrows at the people riding the creature. "Thirty three, thirty four.." I jump onto the large saddle-like tent on the Mûmakil's back, drawing my sword. "Thirty five, thirty six... thirty.... seven!" I shoot the leader, who was steering the animal. As he falls, bringing the saddle with it, I walk onto the creature's bare back. 

Walking onto it's short neck, I kill it as quickly and painlessly as possible. I placed two arrows onto my bow. Shooting it between the neck and skull, it dies almost instantly. 

Letting out a short, but earsplittingly loud, it falls to the ground. I slide down the Mûmakil's trunk, meeting Glimli at the ground below me. 

"That still only counts as one!" the dward cries, I laugh, cutting down more orcs. Fighting my way towards Aragorn, I look for any sign of Hailey. 

"Aragorn!" I yell once he is within earshot, "Have you seen-"

"No." The Ranger replies, slicing an orc that had come up from behind me, "Don't worry about her, Mellon Ni, she can manage herself."

His words bring me little peace, but nontheless I try to clear her from my mind. I continue to kill any orc that comes near me, or my companions for that matter, and shooting some of the Mûmakil drivers. 

"Come on, ya dumb elf!" Someone snarls behind me. Turning around, I see a orc that looked like he had one to many punches to the face. Behind him, I see the King's dead army swarm a Mûmakil. 

"What did you call me?" I ask, turning my attention back to the orc. 

"Dumb elf." He retorts, spitting on the ground like he's already won.

That fool, "That's what I thought you said." I hiss, bring my sword down onto his own. We spar, and I get the feeling that he's the only orc who actually knows how to fight. I manage to stab his leg with my sword.

He roars in pain, collapsing onto his knees. For some reason, I hesitate killing him. "Have you seen a girl here?" 

The orc scowls at me, "A girl?" He chortles, "Any girl here would surely be dead." 

"Thank you." I cut off his head, hating the slightest feeling of despair inside of me. 

"Hailey?" I hear Eowyn's voice, filled with horror, rise above the dins of war.

I whirl around, running toward her voice, the way Eowyn said her name echoing through my mind, each time like a stab wound straight into my soul. 

"HAILEY!!" I yell, sprinting over to where Eowyn was kneeling. I collapse onto my knees, panic rising clouding my thoughts. "Hailey, Hailey..." I look at her limp body, a mix of sadness and rage building inside of me.

"Legolas." Eowyn's small voice enters my mind, "Legolas." She repeats, firmer this time, "Legolas, she's not dead." I manage to pull my gaze from Hailey, and to Eowyns bruised face. "Hailey isn't dead, Legolas." She smiles at me.

"How... do you know?" My voice wavers when I speak, my soul about to break. All of me wanted to believe her, that Hailey was okay. But, all of me was filled with doubt. 

"I saw her fall." Eowyn says quietly. "Sauron, or someone like him, tried to kill me. She cut off the Nazguls head, and that made Sauron really mad." I laugh softly, Way to go Hailey. Way to go. "Sauron swung his mace at her, and she blocked it with her sword. She fell to the ground, screaming in agony." Eowyn shakes her head, "It was awful. She sounded so... terrible." 

Relief starts to generate inside of me, making me feel only slightly better. "Watch her, will you?" I ask, standing up. "I need to get revenge on the army that caused her so much pain." I look at Eowyn, "And for your uncle." I had seen Theoden's dead body while I was running over to Eowyn. 

"I will do my best, Legolas." She smiles at me, and I run back into the battle. There were fewer orcs, and a couple Mûmakil left. The war had been going on for so long, there were more corpses than anything else. 

For Hailey's, and Theoden's, sake, I fight eventhough my arms felt like they were going to fall off. Theoden didn't deserve to die, and Hailey didn't deserve to get hurt. These orcs, deserve to die. And death is what they shall recieve. 

"Fifty nine!" 

~Hailey's POV~

When I regain consciousness, I am in a very poor lit room. I hear people coughing or moaning around me. I'm probably with the sick and injured, in their version of a hospital. 

"Hailey?" A very famliliar voice enter's my mind. Instantly flooded with relief, I turn towards Legolas, smiling.

I see that he has a long cut on his face, along with several bruises. "I see that even they managed to mark you up." I feign surprise, "I was beginning to think you were incapable of getting injured in battle." 

He smiles, wrapping me into a tight embrace. "I thought I lost you." He says into my hair, "When I saw you, I thought you were dead." He hugs me tighter, and I grimace, pain lancing up my arm.

"Ouch..." I mutter. He instantly lets go of me, and starts apologizing. "It's okay. Legolas. I'm. Fine." I smile at him, clutching my bandaged arm, "I'm allright, promise." 

Guilt floods his face, "I'm so sorry."

"Look who is finally awake." Aragorn's voice rings through the hall. I look over at the war stricken ranger, smiling. "Legolas has left your side.... once at most." I laugh, and Legolas blushes ever so slightly. 

"At least I'm being taken care of." I gesture to his many wounds, "Are you allright?" 

Aragorn nods, "I'll manage." 

I look at him, concerned. "That's not what I asked." 

"I'm allright." He smiles, "better?"

I nod my head, "Much." Merry, who had just entered the hall, walks over.

My heart slowly drops at his worried face, "Have you guys seen Pippin?" He asks nerviously.

"Can't say that I have." Aragorn says. Legolas shakes his head. 

"Why?" I ask, dreading what his response will be.

"It's just..." He looks at me, tears brimming in his eyes, "Since the war ended, I haven't seen him. Anywhere."

Thanks so much for reading my next chapter!!! Sadly, the Outside Reality is almost done. But, fear not my readers, I will probably be making a sequel to this novel! Comment your thoughts, or if you despise the idea of a sequel. Or, if you are already excited for the sequel to come out.  Thanks again for reading, and don't be afraid to vote or follow!! ~triforce11