Chapter 20: Fangorn

"No... they... can't be. NO!" I whisper again. I look to Legolas, the Aragorn, tears brimming in my eyes. I turn, facing the billowing smoke. I think of Merry and Pippen, Eomers words echoing in my head. I start running, the wind makeing my eyes water, and the tears start falling, the cold air stinging my face.

"Hailey!" I hear Legolas yell, and then footsteps. "Hailey, wait!!" I shake my head, and don't running. These hobbits, and the rest of the fellowship, had become my family. They were meant more to me than my dad did. I guess it was only my dad that made my life totally suck... but still. I wanted, no. I needed to know if they were okay. So on I ran. 

I finally saw the pile of corpeses, and ran harder. I hear Legolas call my name again as I stop infront of the pile, staring in horror. I hear footsteps behind me, and someone garbs my arm, yanking me towards them, turning me around in the process.

I turn and see Legolas's angry face looking at me. "What. Do. You. Think. You're. Doing." He asks, and each angry word is like a dagger into my soul. 

"I- I was....." I turn, and look at the pile. "Merry and-" I choke on my own words, and feel the tears brimming, making everything blurry. I swallow, "and....Pippen." I studder, tears falling down my cheeks. 

Legolas's face softens, and he wraps me in a hug. Gimli looks at something in the pile, picking it up. "It's one of their wee belts...." 

Legolas, still holding me, says something in elvish. "Hiro hyn hîdh ab ‘wanath." He whispers me the translation, "May they find peaces after death." He looks at me, letting me go. "I figured you would ask." I try to laugh, and fail miserably. I was too overwhelmed with grief. First Boromir dies, now Merry and Pippen? This.... this is to much.

Clearly, Aragorn is thinking the same thing I am. He yells in anguish, punting a helmet as far as he can. " AHHHRRRRRGGG!!!!!" Suddenly, he looks at he feet, bending down, "A hobbit was laying here... no. Two  hobbit's were laying here." I look up, and I swear I felt hope filling my soul. "The crawled. They're hands were bound." He walks a little further, "They bonds were cut, and they ran over here," he said, walking closer to the forest. "They were being chased by someone..." he looks up. "They ran into the forest of Fangorn."

"Fangorn!?" Gimli asks, "What sense of madness drove them in there?"  

I stare into the forest, "Then their alive?"

Aragorn replies, "They have a better chance of survivial in there."  We walk into Fangorn, unsure of what awaited us.  "These are strange tracks..." Aragorn says once we are a ways into the forest

I nod, "I don't really call them tracks. 'These are stranges scuffs in the dirt' is mor like it." 

Legolas chuckles, while Gimli either didn't hear or was unamused. "The air.... it's so close in here."

"This forest is old, very old. Full of memory." He looks at me, "And anger." Then, the trees start to groan. 

Gimli picks up his axe, but Aragorn tells him otherwise. "Gimli. lower your axe."

Legolas nods, "They have feeling my friends. The elves began it. Waking up the trees...... teaching them to speak."

Gimli grunts, "What do trees have to talk about? Except the consistancy of squirrel droppings...."  

"Gimli, can you try to not be so rud-" I start, before Legolas inturuptted. 

"Aragorn! Nad no ennas!" He says, looking into the forest.

"Man cenich!!" Aragorn says, his voice quiet. 

Legolas looks left and right, "The white wizard approaches. Hailey, get over here!!"