Chapter 26: The Battle at Helms Deep

As the chanting from the orcs increases, I hear Gimli start to jump up and down. "You could have picked a better spot, Princling." Aragorn walks by them, and Gimli greets him, "Well, lad, whatever luck you live by, let’s hope it lasts the night."

Legolas gives a brisk nod in agreement. "Your friends are with you, Aragorn."

Gimli snorts, "Lets hope they last the night."

I struggle to keep my laughter as the orcs chanting intensifies. I hear Aragorn cry out in the darkness, " A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!!" he yells at the archers. We can't show mercy, for we will get none in return. 

Gimli starts to jump up and down again, "What? What's happening down there?"

I turn and look at them, and I see Legolas smiling down at Gimli. "Shall I describe it for you? Or would you like me to find a box?" Gimli looks up at the elf, and starts laughing maniacally.

"Tangado a chadad!! Tangado a chadad!" Aragorn yells, and the archers ready their bows. I do the same. 

Suddenly, I see an arrow shoot down towards the massive army. "DARTHO!!" I hear Aragorn yell. There is a pause, boths sides totally silent. 

Then, all at once, the orcs charge us, and I hear Legolas and Aragorn yell almost instantaneously.

"Faeg i-varv dîn na lanc a nu ranc!" Legolas cries. Their armour is weak at the neck, and the shoulder.

"Hado i philinn!" Aragorn practically screams for us to fire.

Arrows fly by the hundreds, peircing the Uruk-Hai's as the run towards the ladder. "Did they hit anythin'?" Gimli asks, trying see over the wall. 

"Aye we did." Legolas says, fireing another arrow. 

"Ladders!!" I hear Aragorn yell, and sure enough, there were six, huge ladders being pushed up by the orcs.

I run up to a nearby ladder, and lean over the side of the wall, trying to push it down. And, sure enough, I laugh as I see the orcs on it scream as they fall back, crushing the orcs that happened to be under it.

"Legolas!" I hear Gimli cry, "I'm at two already!" he sounds so triumphant as he slays more orcs as they come up the ladder. 

"I'm at seventeen!" Legoas answers, making it eighteen with another arrow to an orcs head.

 "ARGGHH!! I will not be beaten by some ELVISH PRINCLING!!!" Gimli shouts the last part. I try to smother my laughter as I unsheath my sword and start killing the orcs that actually made it onto the wall. 

"LEGOLAS! SHOOT HIM DOWN!!" I hear Aragorn yell. I turn, and a orc holding a torch running towards the drain, which had...  bombs!

"Get away from there!!" I yelled, shoving people who were above the bombs away.

"Dago hon! DAGO HON LEGOLAS!!" Aragorn yells for Legolas to kill the torch-bearer.

Behind me, I hear Gimli yell out his death count. "Seventeen. Eighteen..... Nineteen! Twenty, twenty one-"

"Gimli, MOVE!" I yell, shoving the dwarf as a ear splitting KRASH and a split second later, the wall is blown apart. I get blasted by rock fragments, and sheild my eyes from the explosion.

"Lassie?" Gimli claps me on the shoulder. "You are a rebel, ain't ya?" he laughs, and starts to run down to where the new flood of orcs were coming in, "I won't tell the elf!" He shouts back to me. 

I laugh, and continue fighting for the people of Rohan. It isn't long before I hear King Theoden yelling for us to block the gate. 

Were we over-run? "Lass." I turn, and to my surprise, it is Gimli. "They need a diversion, at the gate." I nod, and we push through the mass of soldiers, and through a door.