Showing

When Percy woke up Annabeth was gone. He sat up on his bed and he looked down at the teddy bear.
    Percy felt tears in his eyes and hugged the bear to his chest. Memories of his little brother and sister playing, laughing, and even crying flashed through his mind.
    Soon enough, Percy was curled up in a ball on his bed, hugging the bear and sobbing.
    He had lost his young siblings, who hadn't even turned three. Percy was supposed to watch them grow up, comfort them, beat up any boyfriends. But they had been killed, because of him.
    Standing up, he threw a book in rage, heart pounding and blood rushing in his ears. Yells we breaching the walls, questioning what the noises were and what happened. But as the tears kept streaming, more things were thrown. Curling up on the floor, Percy sobbed, trying to quiet himself as Nick and Annabeth burst through the door.
    Fury ran to him and wrapped his arms around his adopted son.
    "Percy! It's okay! You're okay!" He yelled, pulling Percy's head into his chest. "It's my fault! Oh gods! Why! Why them! Why can't I wake up from this nightmare! I want them back! Give them back!" Percy pleaded, curling up and shaking.
    After a few more minutes Nick looked down to see Percy passed out. He picked Percy up and set him on the bed, looking at the boy in shock and confusion. Percy was clutching a stuffed bear that looked to be stained with some red liquid.
    Nick looked around the room and walked around, picking everything up as Annabeth stood in the doorway, hand over her mouth and tears in her eyes.
    "What was that?" Nick asked his daughter. She looked him in the eyes and said, "We, uh, lost a lot of people, including his family." Annabeth explained, looking down at the ground, obviously leavomg some stuff out.
    Annabeth picked the teddy bear up and examined it. "Is this stained with blood?" Annabeth asked herself, inspecting the stuffed toy. Nick's eyes widened and he took it from her. It looked like it had been bleached many times but the stain was still there, reflecting a brown-red color on the teddy bear. "Why would Sally and Paul have a teddy bear around them? Percy didn't use toys. But, I guess it could have been a gift." She said, looking at Percy who was in the same position as before. Annabeth pulled her phone out and asked Nick if some friends could come over. "Really, now?" Nick asked, shocked Annabeth would ask that.
    "No, no, no! They're Percy's friends. And mine. These are the people we were with all day yesterday." Annabeth said, wanting Nick to know that they could help.
    "If you believe that they could help Percy, fine." Fury said as his phone rang for the fifth time. The Avengers had been calling him ever since they heard Percy and it was annoying him to no end.
    Nick walked out, answering the phone after canceling so many calls, as Annabeth started calling some people, both of them sending Percy a worried glance.
    About forty minutes later there were some knocks on the door. Annabeth ran over to open the door and saw Chase and Cole standing there with smiles on their faces. She caught a glimpse of something in the distance. It was guards with guns aimed at them in the distance, in case they tried anything. Annabeth waved them in and waved at the guards, mouthing that it was okay. The guards nodded before moving back to their posts.
    The two teenage boys walked in and were in astonishment. The entry way was covered in wood, giving off a campfire vibe. Straight ahead was a staircase that lead up to a big staircase and there were different entries in the walls, on the right entry was the kitchen and the living room was straight ahead with the stairs beside it.
    "I know, big right. But anyways, let me take you to Percy." Annabeth said, running up the stairs with the right boys behind her.
    Once they entered Percy's room the boys were in shock again. "Wow-" Chase said but he cut himself off when he saw Percy.
    The three teens ran over to him, he had stopped crying but he had tear tracks everywhere. Annabeth crawled in with Percy, the other boys doing the same, but more cautious and careful, nervous, after taking their shoes and jackets off.
    "So, do we just stay here, or?" Cole asked, his posture stiff and nervous. "You guys can move around the room." Annabeth said, smiling a little at them. The two nodded before grabbing their bags they had set down when they walked in and pulling out music equipment and setting it up. Annabeth raised an eyebrow but didn't question it as she saw Percy's eyes flutter open.
    "Percy!" Annabeth yelled as she jumped off the bed in excitement as he sat up, the blanket sliding off his bare chest.
    The other boys looked his way and cheered. "Hey buddy!" Chase yelled as he swung an arm around Percy, who was rubbing his red eyes.
    "Hey, wha-, what are you guys doing here?" He asked as he stood up, blanket left on the bed.
    "Annabeth called us and said something was wrong with you. Dude, are you okay?" Cole asked, worry clear in his eyes. "Uh, yeah, just um, memories." Percy said as he walked over. Cole and Chase sent each other worried and fearful glances as they saw Percy's chest and back.
    Percy looked down and then tilted his head back, groaning. "Oh, sorry." He said, blushing as his scars were on full display. Chase wanted to ask a million questions but he knew it wasn't the time, Cole was in the same condition.
    "You can look, ya know. I'm not gonna kill you, or myself." Percy said, spinning around slowly.
    Chase nodded, not needing to be told twice and gently placed his fingers over some scars. "Wow, your skin is still soft even with all this scaring." Chase whispered as Percy blushed and Annabeth burst out laughing. "Okay, should we leave you two alone?" Cole said, making Chase and Percy flip him off. "Shut up, I'm just being honest, and I like someone else thanks. You know Caitlin, from school?" Chase said as he glared at Cole who laughed even more.
    Chase gasped as he saw a brand marking on Percy's right upper hip. Chase leaned down and touched it, earning a flinch and blush from Percy. "Dude, a little too close." Percy said as Annabeth and Cole laughed. But the laughing stopped when they realized that Chase didn't say anything.
    "Chase, buddy, you good?" Cole asked, touching Chase's shoulder who looked up at Percy with teary eyes.
    "Percy, is that a brand?" He asked with tears about to roll down his face. Cole's eyes went wide and he leaned down to take a look., tears coming to his eyes as well.
    "Oh my god. What happened?"
    "T-. . . Hell." Percy said hesitantly as Cole stood up. "Yeah, I can tell." Cole said back. Annabeth smiled weakly and said, "Hey, why don't we see how our channels are going?" She moved to the computer and went to each of their accounts, finding hundreds of followers and comments on their main channel and hundreds on each of their separate channels.
    "Wow, we really blew up."
    Fury burst in the room, motioning for the four teenagers down to the living room where they all sat down and Nick played the TV.
    The teens were frozen in shock.
    There, on the screen was their youtube video, on the news.
    "What the Hades?" Percy said, looking confused as the news lady started talking about how they are an internet sensation that blew up over night.
    "Oh my god! We need to continue doing this now!" Chase yelled, jumping up and down in excitement as they all cheered except for Nick who just smiled in astonishment.
    He was never going to have a dull moment again.