cream

The moon lit the path Zelda would be taking. She sat within a small, confined room of the carriage she was being transported within. Link rode on his horse behind the carriage, to ensure no one would be following them. Philip's two knights, Apollo and Delian, led the carriage using the reigns attached to two horses. Zelda's chest of clothes sat under her seat, along with containers of food and water that would sustain the three for the week-long trip.

There was a small window at the back of the carriage, covered by a navy blue velvet curtain. Every so often, Zelda would gently pull the curtain back, and wave to her knight, who smiled and waved back to her.

Their first stop of the trip would be the domain of the Rito people—Rito Village.

Apollo and Delian lead the way, traveling east.

Zelda grew bored rather quickly. At least she was comfortable in her new change of clothes. She wore Rito down-feathered clothes that would keep her warm when they entered Rito Village.

The cream-colored moon shone so brightly, Zelda could see it through the velvet curtains off to the sides of the carriage. She wanted to jump out of the carriage, and ride Link's horse with him. They would be reaching Rito Village soon, though, after the trek up the mountains.

Then, Zelda's stomach growled. It had been a few hours since she ate some birthday cake. She hadn't had a proper meal since around lunch time.

She slipped open a small slit at the front of the carriage, which allowed her to speak to Apollo and Delian. "Excuse me," she said softly, "do you mind if we stop for a moment? I need to eat."

Delian sighed. "Just eat in the carriage."

Zelda laughed nervously. "Well, you see... I get sick if I eat in the carriage while it's moving."

Apollo roared with laughter. Zelda thought he was laughing at her, however, he turned to face her after handing Delian his reigns. "Not a problem, my queen. Alert your knight behind us, and we shall stop the carriage."

Zelda smiled. Maybe these knights weren't so bad, after all.

Zelda fell back into her seat, pushing the velvet curtain away. She waved to Link, to grab his attention. After he noticed her, she held out both of her hands. It was as if they were playing charades. Link tilted his head slightly, and Zelda began to make the motions as if she were eating. She rubbed her belly, saying that she was done. Link laughed, and nodded his head.

The carriage soon came to a slow and easy stop. Zelda pulled a small chest filled with food and drinks for the four to share. She waited for Apollo and Delian to open up the carriage, however, when the door opened, she was surprised to see someone else.

Zelda gasped, dropping the chest onto the floor of the carriage. "Revali! Oh my gosh!" She jumped out of the carriage to hug her close friend.

Revali chuckled. "Hello, my queen. How are you?"

Zelda pulled away, grinning from ear to ear. "I'm wonderful! How did you find us?"

Revali winked. "A little birdie told me you would be visiting Rito village. I have come to greet you a bit early!" Revali aided Zelda in carrying the chest from the carriage.

"Halt, monster!" Apollo yelled. "Get your filthy hands off of our food! Leave the queen alone, or we'll—"

Zelda stepped out in front of Revali. "Hey, watch it!" she warned.

Revali handed Zelda the chest of food. "Don't worry, your majesty. I can handle this."

Apollo and Delian took their attack stances, wielding sharp swords. Revali stared at the two, before shooting into the nighttime sky. He drew his famous Great Eagle bow, showing it off to the knights below. When he landed, he smirked. "You have no idea who you're messing with, fools." He drew three arrows in his bow, pridefully showing off. "I am the Rito Champion of Hyrule."

Apollo's eyes widened. "My apologies!" He kneeled, pulling Delian down beside him. They both laid their swords in the grass, bowing their heads. "We had no idea. We were given orders to protect the queen at all cost, and—"

"At ease, soldiers," Revali laughed heartily. "No need."

Zelda heard a groan from behind her. "Revali."

Revali groaned right back. "Link. The most annoying trainee in the trainees squad."

"How am I annoying?" Link shot back. "I worked my way to the top of my class. I worked so hard for that title."

Revali rolled his eyes. "You were such a pest!"

"Enough, please!" Zelda thrusted her arms out at her sides between the two. "Get along, please."

Simultaneously, both Link and Revali spun on their heels, and folded their arms—and wings—across their chests in annoyance.

Zelda sighed. "I'm going to be eating some hearty radishes as a small snack. What do you all want?"

"Got any fortified pumpkins?" Revali asked.

"In fact, we do," Apollo smiled, reaching for the chest. "Pumpkin stew, if that's okay."

Revali licked his beak. "The sounds perfect. Sorry, I know this is your food and all..."

Zelda shook her head. "It's no problem at all, Revali. Please, do not worry."

Revali nodded. "You're always so kind, princess."

"Ah," Delian began, "but she is not a princess anymore."

Revali's eyes widened. "My apologies. I have no idea why I called her 'princess' just now." Revali looked toward Zelda, who's smile turned quite sad. By the darting of her eyes, from Link, to Revali, to the ground, he could easily tell she wished she were still a princess.

"A-Anyway, Revali," Zelda began, "I'd like to ask, how much longer of a ride is it to Rito Village?"

Revali shook his head, saying, "Not long. Maybe half an hour, tops."

Apollo handed a container of pumpkin stew to Revali. He watched in awe as Revali slurped up the entire amount of stew he was given. He sighed afterwards, rubbing his belly.

"Thank you. I'll be back on my way to Rito Village, now," he said, waving goodbye to Zelda and Link. "I'll be waiting for you all at the entrance."

"Safe travels, Revali!" Zelda called, waving to her friend as he took off rather quickly into the sky. After watching Revali disappear into the night, Zelda began to wander from the carriage, with Link following behind her.

"Excuse me," Delian began, "where are you going?"

Zelda smiled gently. "There are some of my favorite flowers over here. I wish to pick them before we begin our short journey once again."

"You are not allowed out of our sight, though," Apollo added.

"I won't be," Zelda retorted, her smile beginning to fade.

Apollo shook his head. "No, actually; don't even leave the carriage. We are too worried for your safety, my queen."

"She has me, right behind her," Link glared at the two knights as he said this. "You needn't worry."

Apollo almost growled like a wolf in anger. He clenched his teeth. Before he could storm up to Link, Delian held him back.

Zelda continued, huffing a quick breath as she puffed out her chest and lifted her head slightly. She turned away from the two knights, ushering Link to follow.

As Zelda began to pick the many silent princesses nearby, Apollo grabbed Delian by his tunic and pulled him close to him. He almost pressed his lips against his ear. "I'm sick of her already. There's going to be a change of plans."

Delian gulped. "Ch-Change... of plans?"

Apollo smirked. "How about we kill the queen tonight... as well as her knight...?"

__________________

BUM BUM BUM

extra update for you guys since you've been so patient with me as I have been so busy lately :) love you all <3

~darxkrai