green

Link was silent during the first hour of their trek to Kakariko.

Zelda stared ahead with her horse's reigns in the palms of her hands. Her bright blonde hair flew in the calm breeze behind her. The trip to Kakariko would only take a few hours—luckily, it was close to the castle. Not too far away. But, far away enough to make the trip a little awkward between the princess and the knight. The grass was swaying in the breeze, a luscious green that calmed Zelda's anxious heart.

Link finally broke the silence. "Zelda, I'm so sorry—"

"You did nothing wrong," Zelda interrupted, closing her eyes. "Don't worry. I'm fine."

"You aren't, though."

Zelda gripped her reigns tighter.

"Trust me, I can tell," Link tried to get Zelda to speak to him, showing that he understood her. "What's wrong?"

Zelda shook her head quickly, opening her eyes and looking up at West Necluda's mountain. Well, the giant chasm down the middle of it, to be exact. Ancient tales of a horrendous flood led Hylians to believe the erosion of the water caused the chasm to form. It was perfect, actually; providing a far quicker way of the trading of goods, instead of having to climb over the rough terrain of the many hills that scattered the area.

A soft noise was heard beyond the chasm. Zelda squinted her eyes in curiosity, whipping her reigns gently. Her horse began to quicken its pace, and Link did the same. The two continued onward, as the spuds grew louder. As they neared its source, the sound suddenly diminished.

The chasm was empty. A small tent sat by a river that flowed through the chasm. Zelda looked at Link, who was already speeding ahead. He hopped off of his horse, slowly making his way to the tent. He unsheathed his sword, poking it into the fabric.

Zelda's pointed ears perked upward, like a rabbit listening to its predator nearby. She heard a small crack behind her, to which she tilted her head, turning her horse around.

Zelda screamed, flicking the reigns in her hands. Her sudden cry startled Link's horse, causing it to run off and out of the chasm. Link watched Zelda jump off of her horse as she neared him, sending it away to safety. She stood behind Link, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"Go, Zelda!" He yelled, looking back at her with anger in his eyes. "You can't stay here!"

Zelda shook her head. "You can't stay here alone!"

Link ignored Zelda's pleas, running off to the danger in front of them. Five small bokoblins, and three large moblins were running in their direction. Link grunted as he jumped in the air, slashing down on a moblin that stood tallest. The moblin fell to the ground in agonizing pain, bursting into a pile of dust. Link spun on his heels, pulling his sword around his body. He stabbed at the bokoblins, killing two.

"Link!" Zelda called, "Watch out!" One of the two remaining moblins lunged at Link. His sword was stuck in a bokoblin's chest. Gasping, Link ripped the sword from the bokoblin, watching as if puffed into dust.

Zelda closed her eyes, groaning quietly. She pursed her lips, quickly transporting herself onto the back of the moblin. Link watched as Zelda appeared, banging her fists onto the moblin's head.

"Take that, you monster!" She yelled like a child, keeping her legs securely wrapped around the moblin's neck. "This is what you get for jumping us like that!" Wrapping her hands around each other, Zelda slammed her fists down on the moblin's head.

Link wasted no time. He continued to kill off the last two bokoblins, along with the other moblin. Zelda still seem preoccupied with hers. The moblin swung his arms furiously around his head, yet Zelda was nimble. She bent her body in many different ways, avoiding each grab the moblin tried to pull. Left and right, she punched the monster, hoping soon it would give up