coral

This can't be. Apollo was killed. He fell off the cliffs of Rito Village into the freezing river below. He couldn't have survived.

Zelda continued to hold onto Link's tunic desperately, trying to keep herself under control. If she made any noise, her and her friends would be discovered.

They captured Mipha to bring Apollo back... They used the help of Kohga to kidnap her and force her to bring Apollo back...!

Link held onto Zelda as they continued to listen.

"Brother!" Apollo's deep voice called. "I seem to be well enough to walk the halls of this fine castle, which will soon be ours."

"Mine," Phillip corrected with a growl. "You'll be head of the Royal Guard."

Link clenched his teeth, while Urbosa rolled her fingers into fists.

"Anyway," Apollo said, "why are we in the library? This seems rather boring."

"We're looking for something," Delian chimed in.

"For what?" Apollo asked.

"The King's private study."

Zelda's eyes widened.

"What for?" Apollo wondered aloud. His footsteps were coming closer to the study, and Zelda's heartbeat quickened.

"The King must have kept track of his daughter's progress in her power. She bears one of Hyrule's greatest treasures." Philip paused, as his footsteps could be heard walking back downstairs to greet Apollo. "You know the tale of the three Golden Goddesses, do you not?"

Apollo huffed. "Of course I do. Every kingdom knows of Hyrule's history."

Philip laughed. "Well, my friend, one of those treasures—a piece of the sacred Triforce—is right under our noses. My wife is the one who bears it."

Delian gasped. "Wait, I thought someone else—"

"I was wrong," Philip interrupted. "There's no way that fool could be apart of Hyrule's prophecy."

Zelda's heart hammered against her chest. The pounding in her ears became deafening. The voices of Apollo, Philip, and Delian, began to drown. She began breathing incredibly softly, still holding onto Link's tunic.

"She's so immature, so unworthy of such a legendary treasure," Philip declared. "She whines about love and protecting her kingdom. And she just turned eighteen! How childish."

"She grew up without a mother and has been taught to rule with grace ever since she was young," Delian seemed to counter. "You should take things easy on her."

"Easy?!" Philip growled. "Whose side are you on?" Philip sighed. "After I extract the Triforce from her, I will discard her. She will have no power, no reign, nothing. She and that boy she cares so much for can run away for all I care."

Zelda's heartbeat slowed. Her fear began to diminish. Anger rose up within her, from the soles of her feet, to the top of her head. Her hands released Link's tunic as she stood. She inhaled.

Link's eyes widened as she disappeared, right before his eyes.

                                            ~~~

Zelda felt her feet land on a damp surface. She began breathing heavily. "I just..." she began aloud. She shook her head, scanning the dungeon.

Her feet stepped into small puddles. She shivered. "Mipha," she whispered. "Mipha! Please, answer me!"