† Eight †

" Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful? "

Young and Beautiful, Lana Del Ray, The Great Gatsby: Music from Baz Luhrmann's Film

"Youngjae, you shouldn't be up yet," Seungmin spoke.

"I need to check on Jinyoung and Yugyeom," Youngjae replied.

Seungmin sighed, "You were exposed to that gas longer than Jinyoung." 

"So? I'm fine, Seungmin." Youngjae stood up and stretched, "Give me an update on everything."

"Jinyoung jumped out of the window and received injuries to his leg but they should heal just fine, thankfully. Jinyoung was also already released from the hospital. Yugyeom is different though, I don't think his leg will ever fully heal." 

"In what way?" 

"Mark shattered Yugyeom's tibia and fibula," Seungmin explained, "I'm not sure if Yugyeom will ever be able to dance again, maybe in six months if he's lucky he'll be walking without a cast." 

"You performed surgery?" Youngjae asked. 

"No, not personally. Some other Divinity doctors were performing the surgery. I treated you from home since I know you would have preferred that." 

"Thank you," Youngjae smiled, "We'll leave to see  Yugyeom in a few. There are some things I need to do first."

Seungmin nodded and walked out of Youngjae's room promptly. 

Youngjae grabbed some clothes from his closet and went to take a shower. The man got dressed quickly and promptly headed out of his room. He walked down the hall and knocked on a door softly before going in. 

"Dad, are you up?" Youngjae asked in a hushed voice. 

No reply came. 

Youngjae frowned and walked over to his father's bed, he sat on the edge and gently picked up the man's hand. 

Youngjae's father smiled and his eyes began to open, "Youngjae, I heard you were hurt." 

"I'm fine," Youngjae reassured. 

"Do you know what today is?" 

Youngjae shook his head and slipped his phone out of his pocket, he checked the date to see it was a Saturday. It had been six days since the Exchange Ball. 

"It's Saturday," Youngjae spoke, "I was out for six days."

Youngjae's father broke out in a coughing fit. 

"But you, I told you not to go to the Exchange Ball. Dad, you're sick," Youngjae frowned, "Have you been taking your medications?

"Of course, Youngjae," his father replied.

"Have you been eating properly?" 

"You leave me no options to slack off, Doctor Choi," His father joked, "I'm fine." 

Youngjae sighed, "Get better already, okay? Doing your CEO work is boring." 

Youngjae's father laughed a bit, "But I know you do it well, mister genius." 

"Don't call me that." 

"I don't think you've grown out of that nickname," his father smiled.