Chapter 5

My body reacted reacted before my mouth could, and I felt the usual spike of anger flare up inside me, shooting straight to my hands. Unfortunately, that meant the item I was holding in my hands took the brunt of the force. I shot a look at blue eyes, ready to give him a piece of my mind, but I could feel the metal liquid of the fork trickle through my hands.

"Luka!" I heard Talia exclaim. I would've taken more interest in finding out blue eyes name, if it wasn't for the fact that I was stuck staring at the cool, liquid remains of the fork I was using to eat my dinner. Hastily, I grabbed one of the nearby tissues I had picked up with my meal and squeezed it into my hand. Without another word or glance at the people at the table, I seized my bag and rushed off out of the canteen, leaving my precious food behind.

"Layla, wait" I didn't, I instead rushed straight to the bathroom, not caring about who I bumped into.

Apparently, the person who called me knew where I was going anyway, as less than ten seconds when I had entered the bathroom, so did Sally. I gave her a look before going straight to the sink, eager to get the goo off my hands.

"Are you alright, Layla?" She was now next to me as I tried scrubbing them as quickly as I could, the liquid hardening at a rapid pace.

"No I'm not alright, Sally. Just who does he think he is asking me a question like that? Who is he to say I have a bad attitude? Well I'll show him a bad attitude if that's what he wants to see" I  felt my hands heat up a little bit more, giving me more access to rub the now semi liquid off my hands.

"I don't like them" I wasn't surprised that Sally didn't like them, but it didn't mean I didn't want the details.

"Apart from your obvious loyalty to me, why don't you want them in your life?" She rolled her eyes to that, though her face remained serious.

"I just get a bad feeling about them, like a creepy vibe" I thought back to them all looking at me with the same weird expression, even Luka, and agreed.

"Yeah, definitely creepy. I don't like the way they're trying to waltz into my life either, the time for making friends is over for me." She cracked a smile at that, because she knew it was true. If I didn't want something in my life, I'd be sure todo everything I could to make sure it wasn't. By now, almost all of the remains of the fork had gone, apart from a few hard bits that remained on my fingers. Knowing I'd now calmed down now and that my hands wouldn't heat up again, I opted to pick them off, grimacing because I knew it would hurt.

"Where's Tamara?" Sally had a full blown grin on her face as soon as I started the question, and I warily eyed her.

"When I rushed after you, I heard her start to question who this Luka thought he was to ask a question like that, to a person he didn't know. No doubt she's still having a go at him now, if they haven't left the table. She looked pretty adamant she wasn't going to give up straight away." I happily grinned at her response. Me and Tamara were alike in that way, we always stuck up for each other, although usually it was for Sally because no one else dared to mess with the two of us. Sally being as shy as she was, meant that people tried to take advantage of her and bully her, despite what me and Tamara threaten to do to those said bullies. I saw Sally looking at my hands interestingly, and I swiftly hid them in my pocket.

"Does it hurt?" I knew that she was talking about the fork being melted in my hand, and the fire coming out of it, but it was still uncomfortable other people knowing, other than my parents, even if it were my best friends.