"Who cares? My parents got married after a month of dating. You can't measure love with time," she stated.

"Who says I was in love?" I asked, now slightly irritated.

"I just have a feeling about you two, do you understand?" She looked at me as if I should know.

"No idea," I replied.

When we entered Piper's apartment, there were already teens milling around getting ready for the movie day. The Stolls were running around, looking for someone who had a loose wallet in their pants pocket. Nico and Will sat in the corner whispering furiously. If Piper had a feeling about anyone, it should've been them. Something was going on between them, but I didn't want to embarrass whatever they had.

Hazel and Frank were setting up the chip and dip station, and Leo and Jason argued about which movie to watch. Leo waved his hands in disgust at Jason when he tried to choose a Superman movie. Percy and Reyna sat chatting in the corner. From what I could tell, they were having a light hearted conversation. Then Reyna laughed.

    I fought down a twinge of jealousy that started to creep up my body. 'Annabeth, calm down. You barely know the guy,' I tried to tell myself.

Percy's eyes flickered around the room until they landed on me. Against my will, my heart did summersaults at the sight of him. He gave me a smile and started approaching Piper and me. Piper punched me in the arm, and I could feel her smirking in my direction.

Hey, Annabeth," he smiled at me. Piper cleared her throat. "Oh sorry, Pipes. Hi to you also."

"I'm just going to leave you two here," Piper winked at me as she headed towards Leo and Jason. Percy and I just smiled and shared a moment of awkward silence.

Thankfully, we were saved by Piper.

"Guys, cuddle up because we have decided on a movie!" She squealed in excitement.

   "What is it?" Hazel asked as she and Frank sat together on the sofa.

   Now, this wasn't just any sofa that could fit your typical 3-4 people. Remember that Piper's family was rich. The grey sofa was formed with a U-shape, and it had two, extremely long, L shape ends. This couch could fit 12 people easily. It came with all the bells and whistles like LED lights, a white, floating end-chair, and adjustable head rests.

    "It's a surprise! Now sit," Piper commanded to all of us. Then, she ushered everyone over to the large sofa.

    Percy and I sat together on the end of the L. It's was a perfect spot so we could stretch out our legs. Hazel and Frank were squished up against us, though they didn't  look mad about it. Next to Hazel was her half brother, Nico with his (sort of) boyfriend Will. The Stolls chose to sit by Will and Leo.
I felt bad for whoever was on that side of the couch.

    Finally, Piper and Jason sat on the other end, and Reyna laid alone on the ground, which caused me to feel a slight pang of guilt about my jealously earlier.

    "Alright, let's get this party started!" Piper shouted as she turned on "The Office."

   "Hey, I thought we were watching a movie!" Reyna complained from the floor.

   "We couldn't agree on any movie so 'The Office' is a good compromise," Leo nodded. Of course he chose "The Office."

   "Yes! This is my show!" Both of the Stoll twins high fived and shared a laugh laugh.

   I rolled my eyes. This was going to be a long day.

   Well, that's what I thought. But then Percy put his arm around my shoulder and let me lean into his chest. Suddenly, I was aware of every part of my body that  touching his. My hands started feeling clammy, and I could feel my heart rate elevating. It was absolutely thrilling.

'Annabeth, you can't fall for him.' I told myself, 'it's only been a few days.'

As much as I tried to convince myself, and others, that nothing was going on, I couldn't fully get the idea of Percy and I out of my head. Maybe Piper was right. Maybe sometimes you just have a feeling.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

I just had to include The Office. It's my favorite show of all time! Comment your favorite show if you're still reading this ;)

Don't forget to like, comment or vote! Hope everyone enjoyed the chapter.