Chapter Eleven

"LOVE IS NOT something to play with here is it?"

Elizabeth Golding tried to lighten the atmosphere, which was a utter failure. She definitely knew she wasn't getting into clown school at this rate. How wonderful that she would be denied for such a thing.

She tried to fake a laugh. Came out more like a gorilla calling to his mate. Wait, did gorillas even have a mating call? The crap she made up in her head.

So she jumped him. Something she never did.

Until now.

"My apologies though."

And she was a bit disappointed to say the least when she pulled back just as fast. But now, she was on the table and his coffee spilled all over the thin fancy dress which was now transparent. Well, the bottom half at least. Was she aware of this?

Of course not.

Like every insecure woman, she thought something was wrong in the way she jumped him or he suddenly found her revolting. When truly he was at lost for words. Because why would a man not want a woman he had been trying to get. Like really, was man ever turning down sex anyway?

But that was not in Elizabeth's thought process. She was freaking out. A bit fvcked up in the head. Mix that with being completely freaked. Got the perfect combination for a chattering statue.

"Like...I am sorry I spilled your coffee," more silence. She glanced away at the sun that looked a bit lower in the sky now. Was it evening so soon? No, it couldn't be. She was just having breakfast. No wonder she was so hungry.

What did she do though? What was the purpose of that jump? It could really mean she had lost her mind. A total lunatic.

"I am sorry it spilled on you," he stated as he quickly got to sapping her down with napkins. She just started feeling the heat from the coffee. "Do you have a burn?"

Without thinking, he was knelt before her as he lifted her dress to check the redness of her thighs. "Looks to be a first degree burn if anything."

Before she could be mortified that he was looking at her thighs, he called for the butler who quickly came with ice packs.

Too shocked to speak any further, he was pressing ice packs to her thighs that had her giving a scream. It didn't stop him but seemed to shock the butler who probably wasn't frightened by her scream. He was looking away as he cleared his throat. Liz glanced up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I will request another set of clothing for you Miss Golding," he quickly stated, his eyes unwavering from her face. She felt herself unconsciously blush. Yep, she was far from the woman who just jumped the handsome dude. As a matter of fact, she wanted to ignore the scene altogether. She should leave. Broker if anything, just being with him would have made her feel richer or at least more confident, but her head would be held high walking out of this place. Was she happy now? Never would be. "Would a casual dress do this time? Or do you prefer t shirt and jean pants?"

Still stunned, Elizabeth got up to her feet. "I...I think I should just leave," she made to walk away...not sure exactly where to right now. Her mind was a clouded mess of jumbled thoughts and emotions. This reaffirmed why she never showed her emotions. Well, most of the times. For the past couple days when it came to this man, and probably to everyone so he might not be all that special, her emotions have been unmasked and put out there for the world to see. Emotions on display? Explained why she was a hot mess.

She had to leave. This was enough.

Sabastian wasn't having that though.

Grabbing her arm, he managed to quickly stand and wrap his hand around her abdomen. "Where do you think you're going?"