Chapter Seven

"Well, I never knew you could talk so much." He stated as he opened the door for her, his voice dripping with sarcasm and Liz rolled her eyes at him. Sarcastic bastard.

"What did you expect me to say?" She asked and he shook his head at her. "My life story?"

"Well, it would be better than not saying a thing," he told her as she came out before he could reach her door. The chivalry thing wasn't bad, but she didn't want to feel as if she was some damsel in distress. Which was ironic since she used to agree with her aunt about men having no chivalry in this age. But she wasn't sure if he was a fraud or just simply a one of a kind. Because that was rare to find these days. Maybe it was because of his wealth. Was he from old money? They always had an air of prestige. He seemed yo have it. "It would have shown you actually wanted to talk to me. But I guess you aren't a talkative person, right?"

Liz shrugged, reminded once again how little they knew of each other. But was it necessary to try and know each other? She would be fine if she didn't see him again after today.

Liar.

She stiffened at that thought. The day wasn't over but she was desperate for these moments to last longer. As if reading her thoughts, he threaded his hand through hers and she immediately relaxed smiling up at him.

"So you like it?" Liz frowned for a moment, wondering if she was expected to answer that. She didn't like the feel of his palm against her at all. The jittery feels were worse. Because she loved it. A little too much. He gestured to the skyscraper in front of them that she didn't realize was there before. She looked up, finally noticing the people around them, some blatantly staring while others minding their own business, something Liz had become accustomed to here. "The building, Beth."

That was when she heard the car speed away from behind them. He looked behind then as well before frowning at her. "Are you okay, Beth?" He asked and she gave an awkward laugh.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She replied as she glanced around them. It was quite obvious they were in some far upper side of the city. Probably explained why the ride was so short. They might have been able to walk. Although she thought that comical of a guy like him walking a couple blocks home when he had chauffeurs and cars at his beck and call. But this was the first time she was way up here and despite the steady stream of people, it wasn't as much as near his company building. She wanted to enjoy this. Enjoy him. That was it. Even though she knew she would never see him again or be along anything of a high worth again. "Let's explore the inside before I give you my opinion."

She smiled then and he smiled back as she dragged him with her inside. He chuckled as he halted his steps as soon as they stepped through the glass doors that were held open by the doorman. She turned to him with a frown before he pulled her to him, knocking the air out of her lungs as she fell into his chest.

Raising her head by his free hand, he bent down to capture her lips in a kiss. And damn if it wasn't what dreams your made of. There couldn't be any other explanation. She was dreaming.

She gasped as he nipped her bottom lip and she tasted him as he explored her mouth. It made everything feel that much lighter. But then he pulled back, giving her a peck on the lips before official breaking apart. Her eyes fluttered open to meet his hazel eyes, her eyes dropping to his full lips and then to the dimple that appeared in his left cheek with that grin of his. She felt her lady parts contract. Fúck...she was more than screwed at this rate.

Her heart thundered against her chest, still looking into his eyes as the world finally managed to filter into their world.

"I just had to steal a taste," he said before nodding to the doorman who smiled back at them. He pulled her in his arms, releasing her hand from his grasp before snaking it around her waist. A protective and possessive move. But before they could entire the elevator, she swore she saw flashes. Turning around she just saw the filter of people in and out of the building looking equally expensive as the grand lobby. She looked up at him as two other older people joined them in the elevator. She still felt the constricting tightness around her windpipes. It wasn't the other people in the elevator. The elevator was almost the size of her old bedroom. It was the tension between she and the man beside her. He gave her a sweet smile, probably feeling her tense. "I hope you didn't mind."