Chapter Eight

So things were becoming clearer and clearer to Liz as the night went on. She wasn't going to be all detached when she wouldn't be seeing him ever again.

But she knew it had to be done. Whether they slept together or not. She had to try and leave America. Or maybe to a different state at the least. But damn if she didn't feel too much of a foreigner here despite living in the Big Apple for most of her life. With her aunt gone, she really didn't have anything here. Plus there was just too many memories here.

Not like Britain was filled with any better ones, but at least she knew there was where she belonged. She would always have a place in Britain. Then again, the adjustment would be a lot. Her family weren't people she could rock back for anything. They were the privileged snobby old money type. She knew that all too well, moving from one mansion to another as a kid. But always treated as an outsider. She supposed that was one of the reasons she and her aunt got on so well. They were both outsiders of their own family. Gush, how she missed her aunt. Most times she didn't even think of her as an aunt. She was more of a mother and sister than anything else. It was more than shocking when she left everything to her son that never did care for her. But she accepted that. At the end of the day, she wasn't her blood daughter. Others in her situation would hate her, but Liz could never do that. No matter what, her aunt had a special place in her heart. Bethany Golding. Never ever would she call her by her horrible deceased husband's last name.

"Hey, did you see that full knock down," he turned to grin at her and she couldn't help but to grin back, even though she was still conscious of her teeth. She was pretty sure that her teeth weren't as white and evenly straight as his. Yep, this had to be a one night stand. Not just because they were worlds apart, but...yeah that was the main reason. Liz wasn't into living in a dream. Only for this moment. A world where she was his and he was hers. His eyes remained on her, most likely seeing the shift in emotion on her face. Striding towards her, Liz watched his figure completely tower over her. How tall was he again? Well over six feet for sure since she was five feet eight and he made her feel short. "We can stop playing now, you hungry?"

Liz continued looking up at him, her eyes squinted a little. She knew she should answer him. It was a question, right? Why couldn't she think properly?

"Let me check." Liz heard him say, her senses still useless due to his proximity to her. And that scent...it consumed her. But Liz was in for a surprise.

He knelt down in front of her, pressing his ear to her belly and she squealed. She tried moving away, but he held her by her hips close to him. Liz mind conjured images of him doing that to speak to his child growing in her womb. She got rid of the image as quickly as it came but the feelings spreading through her from it stayed. And they confused her. She was never going to have a family with a man she would most likely only see in the media. Whether he was married to some blue-blooded Aphrodite or closing some major deal, making billions.

"Yep, you are definitely starving," he rose up then, Liz having to blink as she gazed up at him as he stood to his full length right there. She always felt as a child in wonderment before him, fascinated by his flawless features and towering figure. "Let's head in for dinner."

Pulling her along, Liz found herself leaving behind such an odd room into what she could only describe as a classic modern world. The place was overall masculine and light with grey walls, dark grey marble floors and white carpets, she even thought she spotted a white washed stone fire place. It did have the touch of a woman though and Elizabeth could see that in the subtle touches such as the paintings and soft floral vases. The pink throw on the couch was a dead giveaway though. Otherwise, a perfect bachelor pad.

"Do you live here alone?" Liz inquired, trying not to sound snappy but failed anyway. He simply glanced her way, not giving any other indication that he noticed her change in attitude.