Chapter Six

"Sabastian."

"Sebastian?"

"No, Sabastian with an 'a'." He corrected and Liz rolled her eyes.

"We all know Sebastian has an 'a' in it," she pointed her fork at him and he rolled his eyes at her.

"It's Sabastian  with the 'e' being an 'a' instead," he managed to articulate and she frowned. He sighed. "It's spelled S-a-b-a-s-t-i-a-n."

"Are you even serious?"

Liz couldn't believe how great of a guy Vasquez was. She never did enjoy going out in public, some called her antisocial or an introvert but she really didn't care. She always felt as if she was at too much of a risk out in the public. Like everyone was watching and judging her. She always felt awkward and that made her feel at an disadvantage. Vulnerable. Vulnerability was never something she could be comfortable feeling at any point in her life. And she was fighting that feeling which came with losing her job. She could find something else. She had to find something else.

"So let me get this straight, it is Sebastian?" he shook his head at her teasing tone. He glared at her mockingly and she laughed. "Okay, fine Sabastian. But why did your mom not just name you Sebastian?"

He shrugged as he finished his meal. Liz was surprised to find herself only half way through her meal. There was never any limits to her eating. As long as she wasn't allergic to it and it looked gross, she ate it. Except for spring chicken and that snail thing. But with how limited her diet was to cup noodles these days, she should be scarfing this food down. She was so caught up in their conversation, she either talked or laughed and rarely ate. It was such a weird thing, she had to look down at the food a little longer. When was she ever like this?

"Is everything okay?" He asked, making her crash from her own world to reality. She looked up at him, dazed for a minute before blinking.

"Yeah, I am great..." She trailed off before frowning, her lips pursed into a cherry pink line. "Why did you ask me anyway?"

"You kind of spaced out for a moment there," he informed her and she slowly nodded, wrapping her head around his answer. She spaced out. She spaced out thinking about how long she hadn't laughed like that. And not eating as much due to the fact she couldn't seem to shut up. Really looking at him, she realized she was enjoying his company. And it had nothing to do with the sexual tension between them. Okay, it had a lot to do with the sexual tension but she was going to ignore that for now. There couldn't be anything between them. He was far out of her league and as much as it would boast her confidence level if he chose to sleep with her, she wasn't that desperate. "Hey, I hope this doesn't have anything to do with my name. I don't even know what it means, but my mom probably just wanted to make my name a little more..."

"Girly," she added and he rolled his eyes. It seemed so normal and it was then she saw a man. Not a billionaire tycoon. Just a man. He was an extraordinary man, but still one. "But I get your point. Unique. I mean, picking out a name for your kid can be very pressuring."

He shrugged as the waiter came and gathered their dishes. "Anything else, sir?"

Sabastian then raised his eyebrows at her, asking her the same question the waiter asked him. Sabastian. His name wasn't exactly what she expected. Until a hour ago, despite her being in his office, in his house, in his car and even in his arms, she didn't know his name. And now she couldn't keep it out of her mind. It sounded so...she shivered as his name popped up in her head again. She looked at the man who was awaiting her answer before she shook her head. He cocked his head as if to ask if she was sure and she nodded. Usually, she would be offended when someone second guessed, she even remember her aunt scolding her for her attitude when someone second guessed her, but she simply nodded at him. It was clear he was just concerned. No need to be acting like a complete bítch. She felt too good for that.