Girl of My Dreams| Devin Booker

Would you mind if I take my time, and admire you?
Candlelight, a little wine to set the mood
Baby, no, you won't have to do much
Ain't no pressure, we ain't gotta rush
Wanna know what's on your mind before we touch, touch

She hated him.

Glancing over at his VIP section , she hung back in the crowd and surveyed him. He was surrounded by girls like he always was. Tyler Ulis was hyping the behavior.

Taylor didn't know why she still cared. They'd been over almost as soon as they had started. Devin Booker had chosen Jordyn Woods over her , only to still not claim the social media star in the end.

"Want a drink to go with that longing?"

Her favorite bartender and best friend Tyrone always found a way to make her smile, even at her own expense. Turning to him , she wagged her finger in a circular motion.

She'd have her regular, a long island iced tea.

It was the only thing strong enough to make her forget the regret swirling through her gut. He'd been the one to lose out , hadn't he? She was phenomenal. At 20 she had her bachelor's and master's degree in economics and accounting. She was one exam away from her CPA.

" If you're going to pine after him all night, at least be drunk so you have an excuse Taylor."

"Don't you have customers Tyrone?"

"Don't you have dignity?"

The edge to his voice hit her harder than the liquor exploring her tastebuds as she took him in. He was never a fan of Devin but this was different.

"I do but I also have heart Ty, he left me for a publicity stunt."

"Exactly Tay. He chose his career over you , again. He's always done that. Look at him!"

Taking her face in his hands , Tyrone made her take him in. He looked good in his black jeans and simple white t-shirt as well as his air force 1's. A Latina with flowing black hair was all over his lap while a dark skinned girl poured ciroc into his mouth. He was living his best life.

As she swallowed that truth , he caught her gaze. Embarrassed , she looked away and downed her drink before shoving it into Tyrone's chest.

"Two more."

"Taylor , I don't know."

"TWO MORE! We're getting drunk right?"

He couldn't say anything , even if he did she wouldn't have heard him. Her heart was still speaking too loudly. She'd always want Devin Booker.

He was her first boyfriend , fresh out of middle school she'd moved to Mississipi and met him on her first day of high school at Moss Point. She'd fallen for him that same moment, unlike other athletes he was kind. He'd shown her around the whole day , they had the same schedule. She'd been his only saving grace through French Classes and he always made her actually take her laps seriously in gym. They'd been everything until Lauren happened. He cheated on her and like the puppy she was she forgave him time and time again while he shuffled them both.

When he went to Kentucky , she'd followed him and for a while he'd chosen her but then he got drafted. Fame had changed him , however whenever they were together, she couldn't explain it. She just knew that she was the only one that ever mattered to him. That had to be why he kept coming back right?

Still how many times could he put her on this rinse cycle? Love, cheat , repeat.

She deserved better , she knew in her mind and felt in her soul that she did. However, her heart was still fighting for them. It would always fight for them.