Drowning | Bradley Beal

And I'm in too deep to pull out now
She's suffering while I feel good

-

The closer I get to you baby
Your waters are rising
While her tears are falling
But I'm so close to you baby
Either way I'm thinking
I'm sinking, I'm not swimming

"You know how you two get and I don't want JR seeing that."

Bradley stated as he got onto the highway, his eyes glued to the traffic while his girl rolled her eyes in the passenger seat.

"Jailee" he stated calmly before glancing at her "Do you hear me?"

She did. How could she not when he was mere inches away from her ear but as she raked her hands through her new dark brown loose wave bundles she sighed. She'd finally decided to stop stressing her long natural curls out and here her man was on her head.

"You know I'm not the problem B. Kamiah be coming at me sideways for no reason because I got the ring. You know I love BJ like he's my own."

"Yeah Jai but BJ is her own and she's still hurt by the break up. It's hard for her to see us."

A sigh escaped his lips while Jailee rolled her eyes once again. It was no secret that she was jealous. Kamiah took every shot she could've at Jailee over any platform available. She was a constant profile lurker and shady commenter. Jailee tried to pay it no mind at first but then she remembered who she was, as petty as they came so she couldn't help herself. She fired back, it exploded onto all the basketball blogs and gossip sites then it was revealed that she was pregnant with Bradley's child.

Jailee remembered that hurt all too well. Kamiah was the love of Bradley's life before her and then things didn't work out. They'd met in a club and sparks flew, sooner than she could imagine she was the new center of his universe. Then things went left. She wasn't ready for the pressure of being in the spotlight and Bradley didn't have the patience for her making his lifestyle an issue so they split.

It lasted two months. Two months of him missing her , her smile , the splash of freckles on her face and the way her high pitched laugh warmed his insides. Two months too long for him. Two months of trying to get over her while he was under someone else – his ex Kamiah. It didn't work and he soon came to her doorstep repentant and ready for their future.

They'd been a steady rock for four months before Kamiah broke the news and Bradley's skeletons were revealed. Jailee wrapped her head around it for two months in solitude before she came to her decision on them. She was hurt , embarrassed and scorned but they weren't together and she honestly loved Bradley with her entire soul.

She took him back , they were a blended family and it wasn't easy. However , BJ was such a light she let her resentment pass.

"It's hard for me to get insulted all the time Bradley." Jailee sighed before she looked over at him as they turned into Kamiah's neighborhood.

"Just rise above it baby." His smile was encouraging but her heart was still heavy as they neared the white and blue two story they knew all too well.

Pulling into the driveway behind Kamiah's white range rover , Jailee sunk in her seat. Slowly, Bradley turned off the engine before he took her hand and kissed it.

"I love you Jai." He cajoled sincerely earning him a slight smile before he moved in to kiss her lips.

"You not gone say it back?" A laugh escaped from him as he neared her face. Shaking her head her dimples popped as her grin expanded before she gave him a quick peck.

"What is already known need not be said right now."

"That's some dumb shit Jailee, you better say it back."