Come Through and Chill | Terry Rozier

Hello, stranger
It's been a minute since we last kicked it
By the way, I just got in town
And I won't let cumulus clouds all in the sky ruin my vibe
Usually, I don't do this often
But since we're coolin', is it an option

"SO, you gone pass the popcorn or your fat ass feeling selfish today?"

Kyrie chided as he tore the bowl away from the hands of his cousin. She'd only been in Boston for a day and had already managed to take over his apartment. Taisha only smirked, she always had a way of getting whatever she wanted from her family. As the youngest girl, she had this inexplicable charm that exuded from her mere being. They nicknamed her princess and she acted like one at all times.

Tonight, she and Kyrie had settled in to watch their favorite, Scary Movie 3 and have some cousin bonding time before his game tomorrow and the start of a busy week for him. Taisha was only in town for a few days as she would soon begin her new job as a Pastry Chef at a five-star restaurant in New York.

"You gone pass that back?"

She queried to which Kyrie shook his head.

"This is why your mean ass is single." Shooting him a quick side eye Taisha sat up and reached for the bowl to only be denied again.

"Nope, and I'm not single I got options , I like to keep them open" Kyrie winked while she cringed before he continued "Besides you not exactly locked down either lil cuz."

This was her least favorite topic to broach. She didn't exactly have the best history with dating and as a result she shied away from it. Who wasn't a cheater was domineering or simply broke in more ways than one and she didn't want to feel trapped or enslaved in a relationship. She also wasn't going to support a man who wouldn't support her.

"Well, I haven't found anyone." She shrugged.

"Or maybe you're looking for too much in someone." Kyrie poked her side gaining her attention "No one's perfect Tai."

"Yeah well, perfect and perfect for me are two different things, I just want the latter."

Kyrie nodded while he pondered her words, she made a lot of sense.

In the silence that reigned between them, Taisha devised a semi-trivial way to lighten the mood.

"How about you set me up with one of your teammates?"

The laughter that escaped from her mouth afterwards softened Kyrie's immediate expression. He looked shocked at the insinuation but then he simply shoved her before he got up.

"You play too much; my teammates are off limits. Imma take my ass to bed before you mess up my flow for tomorrow."

"C'mon Ky, what if you're the bridge between me and my soulmate."

Mischief sparkled in Tai's eyes, she loved messing with her older cousins in ways she knew made them uncomfortable. Her dating was a sore spot for all of them and when their friends became a part of the equation it became a bigger problem.

"Then you better start adopting your cats now."

She gaped at his reply as he disappeared. Tomorrow she'd see about how serious both of them were.

-

"Tatum?"

"Too Young plus he's a baby daddy."

"Brown?"

Taisha gave her friend Ebony a stern look. Jaylen Brown was a no go especially since she knew that Ebony herself was interested in him, she just didn't want to admit it.