Funky Business| Brandon Ingram

well I don't care what people wanna say

Dem will talk you any time uh day

Ey, yuh do good, dem talking yuh

Yuh do bad, dem talking yuh

Dem never have nothing good to say

Dem ask de most questions

"Baby did you really have to bring three suitcases?"

Tugging his girlfriend's matching Louis Vuitton set he heaved out a sigh while Kam was in all her glory. The Sint Maarten son was beaming down on her skin and she was basking in it. Hazarding a glance at her struggling boyfriend , she promptly grabbed the smallest piece of luggage to help him out.

"Yes, I did babe , you know how my family goes when I come back from LA. It's bring me this , bring me that and you can't say no because they'll remind you of all they did for you."

Making a face as they walked out , Kam scanned the parking lot for her brother before she huffed and signaled to Brandon that it would be a short wait.

"Caribbean people really don't know time , I tell this boy to come at 4 , right now he probably stop at the bar on he way down."

Shaking his head , Brandon rolled the bags close together before resting lightly on top of one. Kam didn't mind, if he broke it , he'd buy it. He already had anyway. She wasn't big on fancy luggage, but Brandon insisted.

"Did you just say the bar? As in he's drinking and driving?" He couldn't have heard that right, so he queried it out loud earning a smirk from his girlfriend.

Just as Kam was opening her mouth a dark blue Honda Pilot pulled up and her brother rolled down the window.

"Well LOOK AT YOU SIS! OOO YA PUT ON WEIGHT NAH!"

Rolling her eyes at Justin as he hopped out and hugged her as soon as they separated, she made sure to slap his arm.

"Don't call me fat , that's not a greeting stupid." She scolded lightly but her words fell on deaf ears as Justin leveled with Brandon.

Providing a simple hand which Brandon shook , Kam could already tell by the way he was looking that her brothers would show their whole asses out on this trip. Luckily , they'd opted for a hotel so he'd just have to make it through the initial encounter and a few dinners.

"Brandon Ingram , nice to finally meet you. After all you've only been dating my sister for three years, looks like ya took ya sweet time meeting her family aye?"

"Justin.." Kam warned lightly but as usual , her brothers never listened to her.

"My schedule is kind of tight besides Kam couldn't find a good time to come down here until now but she's told me a lot about you guys."

The basketball player explained earning an impish smile from her brother as he began to take their bags to the back trunk. Brandon assisted while Kam settled herself in the backseat, her man joined her shortly and soon they were on their way to her childhood home.

"Well, Brandon let's hope she told you enough."

The ride was great. Kam insisted on pointing out things to Brandon along the way such as her primary school , the shop she'd always go to for treats whenever she came down and Ms. NeNe's home where she'd always get chased by her dog for stealing mangos off the tree. He enjoyed watching the way her eyes lit up as she talked. This was really her element.

Kam's childhood home was a quaint but wide one story with a manicured lawn and many fruit trees. The yellow and white exterior of the home was bold and beautiful. On the porch sat an older man with a pot belly and a hat turned to the side, a Guinness propped in his hand while an older woman who looked just like him sat across from him taking in the breeze. He'd met Kam's parents many times when they visited her in Los Angeles, and one of the things he was looking forward to was her mom's cooking. Ms. Paula knew how to throw down.