Body Smile| Olaijah Griffin

Sometimes it's better when you yell
Than when you say nothing
But you're getting tired
Of explaining everything that you need
More water, less stress, more sex, more carefree
Don't wanna hurt no more, not over me, 'cause
I'm not worth it and, this ain't workin and
Runnin out of words again

"Nah Prince you know how he is , he'll never agree to that. He's finding himself remember?"

Pheia watched as he rolled his eyes at his own question. She'd listened to him and took her free day to be with him and drama had come up once again about the dynamics of his football team. Now she had to hear him repeat the same qualms he'd given her a synopsis of to his best friend Robert.

Getting out the bed despite his silent protests and attempts to pull her back, Pheia walked to the bathroom. Throwing some water on her face and taking out her phone she checked to see if anyone had tried to contact her but there were no signs of life. She stared at her reflection and brushed her curly hair out of her face.

Their nap together being cut short was the worst thing that could've possibly happened, they were finally at peace. It had been so long since they'd slept together, she missed his embrace and smell. But most importantly she just really missed the way things were. Some days she looked at Olaijah and saw the boy she fell in love with but he was growing , changing as he should but she couldn't shake the fear that one day he'd outgrow her the same way he did some of the things that interested him before , the other girls , his desire to rap before he found football.

She knew he always said that she was the one changing and forgetting him but sometimes she just sensed that he wanted to be left alone, like right now.

She ventured downstairs as his conversation ensued. She could feel him watching her as the door shut behind her and she found her way to his small apartment kitchen.

The one day in her busy schedule where she didn't have to run choreography, record a track or sing backing vocals and her man was busy sulking about team drama instead of paying attention to her. Knowing their history she thought he would've put forth more effort.

She and Olaijah's relationship had been tested and tried for what seemed most of the previous year. Eventually she'd gotten tired of arguing with him and they agreed to forget. The one downside of that being they never talked about anything now and she missed it. She craved the authenticity and intimacy that was intricate in how they functioned before. Now they were like strangers wrapped into each other and held together by the feelings they had for each other. Things had changed but their hearts hadn't.

Her phone started buzzing on the kitchen table and she picked it up, it was Dre , one of her producers.

"Hey what's good Dre?"

"Everything Phe , but one thing , I need you to come into the studio like right now so I can put your backing vocals on this track and we can seal this album."

She sighed as she stared at the stairway , Dre always popped shit up on her like this.

"Dre seriously? What if I'm doing something important?"

"You picked up your phone so you not , besides today's your free day , your handler told me that now come on its only going to be an hour, two tops."

"Fine , fine , whatever I'm on my way."

She hung up just as Olaijah's voice entered the room. Towering over her he stood in front of her , looking down at her tiny frame.

"On your way where?"