Halo | De'Aaron Fox

De'Aaron Fox

You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

"Have you thought about it?"

The question or the light voice it came from didn't resonate in Joy's mind for long. Her eyes and mind were wandering as she sunk in the passenger seat of her sister Destiny's car.

"Joy , I'm talking to your big head!"

Destiny exclaimed before she briefly took her hand from the steering wheel and pushed her sister's head.

"Of course I have Des , damn. You think I like constantly driving up to be around De'Aaron , you think I like dealing with these increasing gas prices , shit."

Settling her hair back down and exhaling Joy gave her sister a quick glance before she continued.

"I love him though and I don't know we went through a lot to be as good as we are right now. If I gotta drive for a few hours to see him I will , most times it's him putting the effort forth to visit and see me. It's not like it isn't reciprocal."

"I know but he's a baller, how you know what he's up to when he's not with you?"

Shaking her head Joy looked outside of her window. She hated the 'he's a baller' conversation , so what? They weren't all the fucking same.

Destiny pulled into the Golden 1 Center's parking lot and tried to find the right words to say to her sister. She honestly just didn't want her to get hurt. As much as she liked De'Aaron personally and she admired the relationship Joy had with him , she just wanted to make sure that she wasn't caught out in the wind.

Did she really think De'Aaron was bad for her sister? Not at all.

Would she take the chance and say that he wouldn't succumb to his lifestyle? No , when it came to her sister she had to be absolutely sure that things would be fine.

Placing her hand on Joy's hand after she finally found a parking space, Destiny chose her words carefully.

"I'm not insinuating anything Joy , I'm just looking out for you. You know if things go left I'll be the first one to jump him."

Joy cracked a smirk before she nodded and opened her care door.

"You not gone do shit Tiny."

The ladies walked into the arena and quickly got situated in their Courtside seats. The players were just coming out and they'd managed to get in place 5 minutes before De'Aaron was announced. Ever the proud girlfriend Joy beamed while she cheered for her man , who was also grinning when he spotted her.

He blew her a quick kiss before he became immersed in the game. They were playing against the Phoenix Suns so Destiny was admiring Devin Booker shamelessly. She even went as far as to signal De'Aaron and mouth to him to hook it up which made him burst out into laughter along with his teammate Buddy Hield.

"But weren't you the one just talking about players and infidelity?"

Joy pursed her lips as she waved her hand in her sister's face. Destiny shooed her away quickly.

"Yeah but that's only a problem if you want to be serious. I just want one."

"One what Tiny?"

Destiny chuckled before she brushed her hair from her shoulders and faced her sister.

"One conversation , one night , one chance to ride the shit out of-"

At that moment Joy placed her hand over her sister's mouth as she shook her head. Was Devin Booker really worth all those theatrics? He was cute or whatever but she had a really strong taste for chocolate that he couldn't fill.