Normal Girl- Kyle Kuzma

Dedicated to IssaJazz

----

Wanna be the  type of girl, you take home to your mama
The type of girl, I know your fellas would be proud of

"It's absolute KUZMANIA out here as the rookie has made 40 points this game!"

The announcer declared as the game came to a close, the Lakers were defeated but by a small margin and from the stands a curly dark-haired lady with almond shaped brown eyes blew a supportive kiss to her boyfriend , the rookie of the moment , Kyle Kuzma. He smirked at her in appreciation before he slapped hands with a few players from the other team and retreated to the tunnel.

Jazzy hated seeing him get all flustered after they lost games especially as he was a key player but she always told him that he was improving each and every game, pumping blood into a franchise that needed life but he couldn't do it all by himself.

With a silent prayer that he wasn't being hard on himself she ventured to see him in the back. She got through simply, they knew her well around here.

She saw the usual things that she did on her way to the tunnel and in it , the players Brandon and Jordan who greeted her with hugs and the groupies that took their attention away from her. They were her least favorite part of this life. They often were so polished , hair neat and done to perfection , nails so shiny they'd blind you and bodies so tight they made her insecurities flare.

From time to time she'd catch Kyle gazing at one and further plummet into despair. Today was one of those days , as he came out she watched as his eyes scanned a few of them and he smiled at some before his eyes settled on her. She didn't feel the same warmth from him.

"Hey baby."

She greeted him softly , accepting the usual hug and kiss he gave her after games before he wrapped his arm around her and they began the walk to the car. Walking towards his wraith she wrapped her arms around herself shielding her body from the cold but also shielding herself from the scrutiny of the paparazzi and their cameras.

"Hey Kyle! What do you think of the game?"

"Is this your girlfriend or fiancée? Rumour has it you popped the question."

"Hey Kyle! Is it true you've been spending time with Miracle Watts? She was wearing your jersey tonight!"

He declined to comment on any of the queries as he opened the door for Jazzy and made sure she was safely inside before he got in himself. Jazzy wished she could shrink in her seat as she pulled out her phone and went straight to Instagram only to see that the paparazzi's sentiments had validity.

On her iPhone X screen sat the image of Miracle Watts at the game that had occurred minutes ago , court side with her boyfriend's jersey number on the back of her t-shirt. She felt ill at ease as soon as the image burned itself into her corneas. Looking at Miracle Watts she was sure she didn't match up at all, there was no comparison.

The silence that reigned in the car between them the entire ride didn't evade Kyle's senses. Every time he tried to break it with a joke or question Jazzy either replied shortly or didn't hear him at all. He wondered what was keeping her head in the clouds. He knew when she got like this there was usually a reason , incentive for her to be so short with him. He just didn't know what happened or if he'd did it.

They'd been together for two years and in that two years their relationship had been mostly smooth , until a few months ago when he'd messed up and slept with a random groupie. They were getting back on track after he'd apologized over and over again but sometimes he wondered if she was still holding that against him. He stared at her as they hit the traffic light a few corners up from their own.