3%

〰️G〰️

"So, did you show George around?"

I heard my mom ask Reece as I entered their- our house.I grinned.He obviously didn't, he forgot about me the moment he stepped out of the car.

I heard the blond taking a sharp breath, so I decided to step in with a grin. "Of course he did!It was so much fun!"I smiled at my mom, placing an arm around Reece's shoulder.

I knew that my mom wanted me and Reece to get along, and it would break her heart if she found out how bad our relationship is going.Plus, I could use this on my side. "Great!Im going to make dinner"She waves and left.Reece faced me, his fake smile now gone. "What do you want?"And we both knew what he was talking about.

If I helped him out, it meant I wanted something in return.That's how life goes.

"I want you to do me a favor"I grinned.He frowned. "Oh no"He muttered.

"Oh yes"

[]

"You did what?!"

Blake exclaimed from the other line a few hours later.I smirked. "I made a deal with Reece and he's going to get Tyler to stop bullying you"I heard him take a shaky breath.

"Are you sure Tyler is going to stop?"I smiled. "You said Reece is the only one he feared, so yes"

"Why are you doing this?"He asked in a whisper.My face softened. "Why would I not?You're my friend, Blake.Nobody, friend of mine or not, deserved the pain you went through.It isn't right"I explained softly.

"Thanks a lot George, it means a lot"I smiled softly. "Anything for you mate"

"Oh, mums home.Bye G"I heard shuffling. "Bye"Is all I said before ending the call.

Someone then cleared their throat, making me turn around and face Reece, who was leaned against my wall.

"Dinner's ready"He left and I raised my eyebrows.Something about his soft tone told me he heard, I just don't know how much.

[]

"Did you make any friends George?"My mom kept asking me about school. "Yes, actually"My mom's eyes lit up."See?I told you you would.What's his name?"I drank a bit of water before responding.

"Blake"My mom smiled brightly and nodded.I hoped and prayed she would stop asking.All attention was on me, and that made me nervous.My mom's attention didn't, Jamie's didin't but Reece's did.

He had turned 'nice' since he heard my conversation with Blake. 'Nice' as in he didn't snap or laugh at me.Plain, you could say.It's like he softened since he heard me over the phone.I don't really understand why, anyone would say and do as I did.

I actually didn't even know if I liked this Reece better.

[The next day]

I woke up the next day around 10.I groaned once the sunlight hit my vision.I sighed and opened them again, my eyes adjusting to the light.I lazily got up and walked towards the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth, still half asleep.I washed my face and that kinda woke me up.I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen, where Reece had just thrown his trash to the bin.

He glanced at me and made his way to the living room. "Good morning to you too"I muttered as I made myself a cup of coffee.

I scrolled through my phone while drinking it, quite bored.I decided I would go for a walk to explore the city.So, I went up to my room and changed into a comfy sweatshirt and some jeans before grabbing my phone and exiting the house shortly after.