Chapter 12: Threatning Remarks

Start from the beginning

"It's fine... there are more opportunities in the future!" (Y/N) gives him a reassuring smile, though deep inside she felt disappointed.

She understands it's not his fault, but waiting for a relaxing weekend for it to be canceled brought her mood down. After all, she just transitioned from living with Yoonah to working for 7 different boys she doesn't even know much off, except for Jungkook.

Every now and then during her breaks, Jungkook would show up out of nowhere and give her pastries that he himself made just for her. At first, it was sweet, but sometimes she would find those same pastries strategically placed in the house where only her would go through.

Hey it's free food, who wouldn't want free food?

His actions during the whole duration of the day would only focus on (Y/N). (Y/N) this. (Y/N) that. He would cut his fingers so (Y/N) could tend him and give him a little kiss just to make him feel better.

"Oh! If you don't mind, can you get more bandaids while going to the city? We're running out," the (h/c) headed girl asks, hoping that she isn't a burdending Jaemin with her simple request.

"Sure! ...why if I may ask?"

"Oh, I'm sure you know. Jungkook keeps accidentally cutting himself while cooking. Sometimes I don't believe he's a head of multiple restaurants when he can't get out of a kitchen without a single injury," (Y/N) chuckles.

"Master Jungkook? Accidentally cutting himself?" Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows in question. "For all my years of knowing the young master... not once has he ever cut himself while cooking— heck he could cut vegetables with eyes close, ears muffled, and hands tied behind his back. He's a pro at his cutlery."

"Now that I think about it..." a thought trundled right to her cerebrum, bringing back certain memories that lead a certain night: when she and Jungkook first cooked together.

Jungkook picked up the chopping knife and cut the vegetables into perfect matchsticks; every motion, every slice, was precise from intense repetition. 'He never touched an inch of his skin.'

"Master Jungkook."

Jaemin's voice broke (Y/N) out of her thoughts.

'What the hell?'

Jungkook is holding a knife in his hands.

"Jungkook What are you doing with that knife??" (Y/N) blurted, her mind racing with thoughts. "Aren't knives strictly prohibited to be left in the kitchen so no one would get injured?"

"Yes noona, but I just got this today from the mail and one of the workers brought it to my room." Jungkook answered, smiling, with a hint of trouble in his eyes. The male shifted the momentum of the conversation by turning his eyes to Jaemin's frozen statue. "Why is Jaemin here?"

As (Y/N) opens her mouth, she witnessed Jaemin's body movements scrunch in tighter. With his smile gone, the female sensed fear in him. It's as if he's begging her to choose her words carefully because if not, danger might come their way.

"Nothing Kookie." (Y/N) pinches his cheeks. "he was just asking if I needed help."

"Ah ah ah noona that hurtsssss," Jungkook pouted, light bouncing off his glossy lips as he do so.

"Okay I'll let you go, I'm going—"

"Huh? To where noona?"

"Well I'm going out for some fresh air, see you two around." (Y/N) excuses herself from the arousing tension from the both males.

The moment (Y/N)'s silhouette disappeared from their line of vision, Jungkook's attitude flipped 180.