twenty two 🍼

"tyler, are you ready!?"

the brunette comes trotting down the stairs, bare feet slapping against the wood floor as he runs to josh. "yes, i'm ready!"

he's dressed in one of josh's hoodies, the hem falling just above his knees and the sleeves covering his fingers. the older smiles. "no you aren't. i told you to put pants on."

"but daddy!" tyler whines. he lifts to hem and reveals he's also wearing a pair of josh's boxers. "they is like shorts on me!"

"yes, i know, but i told you that your legs are going to get cold if you don't put on pants."

"nuh uh, silly!" tyler giggles. "not if i have a blankie!"

josh sighs, patting the top of the boy's head. "okay, fine. will you at least bring a pair just in case?"

"mhm! be right back!"

he watches the little one run back upstairs and smiles to himself as he finishes taking stuff out to the car. by the time josh is done, tyler is waiting by the front door with a pair of winnie the pooh pajama pants in hand.

"thank you, hon," josh says, kissing his cheek and guiding the tyler to the car. he holds the door open, then buckles him in and kisses the tip of his nose. tyler giggles in response.

they start the half-hour drive, planning to meet dallon, ryan, and brendon at the drive-in. tyler flips through radio stations, gasping when he finds one playing queen. "sing wif me daddy!"

"can anybody find meeeee somebody toooo love!"

🍼🍯🍼

they arrive a couple hours earlier, which is both a curse and a blessing. good news is they get to park in the first row, front and center before the big screen. bad news is dallon and josh now have the next two hours or so to keep the littles occupied.

it's kinda hard when ryan wont stop chasing tyler around yelling, "i'm gonna get you!" and brendon is pouting because dallon wouldn't buy him an energy drink. tyler zooms past josh, who sits on the tailgate of dallon's truck as he watches them.

"help me!" he shrieks, gasping for air.

"i'm gonna get you!" ryan repeats for, like, the tenth time. "gotta escape ryro!"

"help!" tyler yells again, this time begging dallon. however, he's too busy trying to cheer brendon up.

"ryan ross," josh finally speaks up, four heads jolting towards him. "just because your daddy is busy doesn't mean you get to torment tyler."

"yeah!" tyler shouts, pointing a finger at the boy.

"you be quiet, mister," josh furrows his eyebrows, attempting to look scary but he can't help but smile. "you two have to settle down. look, more cars are coming in. how about you help me set up the blankets, okay?"

"okay, daddy!" tyler giggles, skipping his way over.

"fine," ryan grumbles, clearly upset that he never got to catch tyler and that josh yelled at him.