one🍯

The cute boy that ordered a strawberry milkshake has been sitting alone for over thirty minutes now. He checks his phone nearly every minute, looking more and more sad each time. Josh can't help but stare, wondering why anybody in their right mind would stand him up.

The boy is sitting far away from where he normally serves, but that won't stop Josh. He has talk to him, has to cheer him up. His bottom lip sticks out in a little pout, sad eyes cast down toward his lap.

Josh taps a pen against his notepad nervously. What if the boy doesn't want to talk to him? What if he starts crying? Gosh, he might actually already be...

Josh pushes himself to move his feet, slowly approaching the brunette. The boy looks up, brown eyes and long lashes wet with tears. Josh's breath is caught in his throat; he's even more beautiful up close.

"Are you okay?" He asks, knowing it's a stupid question. The boy nods, looking like a deer in headlights.

"I'm Josh," he continues. "What's your name?"

"Tyler," the boy squeaks, a pretty pink dusting his cheeks. He sounds heavenly, Josh has to hear that again.

"Hi, Tyler. I'm going to ask again... Are you okay?" Josh speaks slowly, keeping his voice low so nobody else can hear.

"Um... Mhm."

"Do you want another milkshake?"

"Uh, uh."

"Hmm... A cookie?"

Tyler gasps, eyes lighting up at the mention of a dessert. He nods, twirling the straw in his cup. "Yes, please."

"Chocolate chip?"

"Uh huh!" Tyler smiles, comically big, crooked teeth beaming from behind cherry lips. Josh isn't sure how a cookie could cheer somebody up so fast, but doesn't question it.

He returns a minute later with two freshly baked cookies, both of which he paid for along with the boy's milkshake. Tyler holds a cookie in each hand, looking at Josh in confusion.

"Two?"

"For you," Josh nods. "Do you not want two?"

Tyler shakes his head, holding a cookie out. "For you."

Josh smiles, taking the treat from the boy and taking a big bite out of it. "You don't talk much, do you?"

He shrugs, taking tiny bites at a very fast pace. Josh watches in awe and confusion. Tyler is peculiar. He's different, a good different, a different that Josh kind of likes.

"Well, I have to get back to work, but your meal is all paid for."

Tyler nods slowly. "Thank you."

"You're welcome!" Josh responds, probably a little too enthusiastic. He's just excited he got the boy to say something else.

Tyler pulls a crinkled ten dollar bill out of his pocket and hands it to Josh. The latter hesitates to take it. "This is a really big tip, you know."

Tyler nods, scooting out of the booth and standing up. He's short, so short compared to Josh. He's gotta be like 5'2. Josh is 5'10. His outfit is also something peculiar; a shirt with tiny bumblebees on it tucked into loose shorts paired with yellow socks. Even though it's odd, Josh can't seem to pull his eyes away. Tyler is cute, so cute.

"Wait!" Josh stops Tyler just as the boy is about to leave. He scribbes his number onto a page in his notepad and tears it off, handing it to Tyler with a smile. "Text me, okay?"

The boy looks at the number, looks to Josh, looks at the number. He smiles once more, making Josh's heart skyrocket. "Mkay."

And he leaves, just like that, before Josh can stop him again. It might just be a good thing Tyler's date stood him up.

__A/N__

I've been wanting to make a little Tyler fic forever so here it finally is. Sorry this is a short introduction, the following chapters will be longer. This fic is very soft and loving and makes my heart all warm & fuzzy to write. Hope you enjoy ❤