fifteen 🍯

"Babyyyy, are you ready?"

Tyler comes racing downstairs, tongue captured between his teeth in concentration. He runs to Josh with a wide smile, Thumper clutched against his chest. "How's I look!?"

"Twirl," Josh says, spinning his index finger in a circle. The little blushes but does such, pink tutu flowing through the air. "You definitely look beautiful, baby, but I can see your undies. You need to put shorts on."

With a groan, Tyler takes off upstairs. He returns a minute later, black spandex shorts clinging to his squishy thighs. "Now, Daddy?"

"Now you're ready," Josh nods, smiling as Tyler giggles excitedly. He grabs the older's hand, pulling him outside so they can hurry up and go shopping already. Tyler has been promised new undies since his favorite pair grew a hole in them.

Josh opens the passenger door, allowing Tyler to climb in before buckling the boy and kissing the tip of his nose. Tyler giggles, squirming in his seat while Josh takes his sweet old time getting in the car.

"C'mon, Daddy! Gotta get there before they's all gone!" Tyler urges, squeezing Thumper in his little fingers. "Gotta hurry!"

"Be patient, little boy," Josh responds, finally starting on their destination to the mall. "The undies aren't going to grow legs and run away before we get there."

Tyler smiles, crooked teeth poking past cherry lips. "You dunno that, Daddy. Is vewy possible," he says, blushing as Josh rests his palm on the boy's thigh.

"Hm, I've never seen my underwear grow legs, but I guess it's possible," Josh plays along, feeling Tyler's small hand rest on top of his.

"Zactly," Tyler nods. "So we's gotta hurry!"

🍼🍯🍼

The little one has somehow completely convinced his daddy to take him to Victoria's Secret. Josh doesn't understand why such a small garment is so expensive, but apparently that's a thing.

"Look-it, Daddy!" Tyler points at a sign that says 5 for $28.50.

"Well alright, baby. Pick out your five pairs."

Tyler glances around the store, overwhelmed. They're so many pretty girls and different styles and colors. There's a few boys, one of which is eyeing Tyler in particular. Josh doesn't notice, but Tyler certainly does. He chews on his lip, heart starting to race.

"Too much, honey? Do you need help? Here, Daddy will help you," Josh soothes, grabbing the little's hand and leading him to the boyshorts, which he knows are comfortable for the brunette. "Do you want five of these kinds or do you want different kinds?"

"Diff'nt," Tyler mumbles, eyes darting between the boyshorts and the man staring at him. He clings to Josh's side, instinctively pulling Thumper in closer as well.

Josh is used to the boy's clinginess; he doesn't give it a second thought. "Okay, and which color do you like the most?"

Tyler quickly points at a blue pair with pink flowers on it, so Josh grabs it for him and tells him to pick another color. The brunette is about to when he feels a tap on his shoulder. He flinches and turns quickly, now trying to hide under Josh's arm. The same staring man is standing before them. He stays quiet, eyes scanning Josh, then Tyler, then Thumper.